PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch Cookbook is available, now!

findajit
4 Jan 2012, 10:20 PM
Hi,

A very happy new year to all of you!

Recently, my book on Sencha Touch - Sencha Touch Cookbook has been published by Packt publication and is available on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Sencha-Touch-Cookbook-Ajit-Kumar/dp/1849515441/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325743996&sr=1-1) and Packt (http://www.packtpub.com/sencha-touch-for-creating-cross-platform-html5-apps-cookbook/book)

This is a brief note about the book:

"The book is written in a cookbook style, presenting examples in the style of recipes, allowing you to go directly to your topic of interest, or follow topics throughout a chapter to gain in-depth knowledge. This book is ideal for anyone who wants to gain the practical knowledge involved in using Sencha Touch mobile web application framework to make attractive web apps for mobiles. If you have some familiarity with HTML and CSS, then this book is for you. This book will give designers the skills they need to implement their ideas, and provide developers with creative inspiration through practical examples. It is assumed that you know how to use touch screens, touch events, WebKit on mobile systems, Apple iOS, and Google Android for Mobiles."

You may discuss about the book and its content on the official forum - Walking Tree Sencha Touch Forum

(http://www.walkingtree.in/forums/showthread.php?459-Sencha-Touch-Cookbook)Regards
Ajit

digeridoopoo
5 Jan 2012, 2:15 AM
Awesome, I think I will buy this :-). I wish you all the success with this book!

Digeridoopoo

findajit
5 Jan 2012, 3:04 AM
Thanks @digeridoopoo!

davidkaneda
5 Jan 2012, 11:52 AM
Sweet! Any interest in discussing a small discount we could give out to help promote it via Sencha's Twitter/FB? Feel free to email me: dave [at] sencha.

BostonMerlin
6 Jan 2012, 3:40 AM
Nice, just picked up a copy. The problem i find with Sencha education, is that there is too much information floating around (not a bad problem to have) in so many different forms, blog posts, sdk docs, forums, video casts, books containing different parts of the puzzle w/sometimes conflicting answers to the same problem but rarely the big picture is given to help guide you from the get-go. Even after building out a prototype over the past four months, I'm still not sure I'm doing it correctly. Yes, it works, but will it scale, am i using MVC correctly, sencha touch 2 changes so much, should i just wait for it?

As an enterprise developer developing our companies first tablet offering (after building out our handheld site on jquery mobile for the past year), sencha touch is a wonderfully developed framework but complex. Our tablet site will be rich with deep links to content and applications (mimicking our corporate intranet) I don't expect your book to fix any of this but at least all the information is coming from one source (one voice). Maybe it'll help.

JB

digeridoopoo
7 Jan 2012, 3:43 AM
Just purchased, downloaded direct onto my iPad to read. If I want to read this on my laptop too can I do it? I tried to download Adobe Digital Editions to read it but the pages are blank on that. Is there another viewer I can use?

I only noticed one thing, when I try to download the example files after registering it shows the example files available to download as '0k' in size...I downloaded them and they are empty html files. Let me know when there is an updated version :-).

Thanks again, it seems to cover lots of topics and I look forward to testing each example.

:-)

Digeridoopoo

findajit
7 Jan 2012, 4:04 AM
@digeridoopoo
I will check with the Packt guys and update you about the problem with the source code download. Sorry for the inconvenience!

martincf
9 Jan 2012, 7:28 AM
I bought the ebook version a few days ago and I was happy that it helped me almost immediately with some functionality I didn't even know the framework had.

Martin

findajit
9 Jan 2012, 3:03 PM
I am glad to hear that the book was helpful, martin!

AndreaCammarata
10 Jan 2012, 2:10 AM
Well done Ajit!

findajit
10 Jan 2012, 5:29 AM
Thanks andrea!

eyepoker
11 Jan 2012, 9:24 AM
we just bought two copies for the office - looking forward to having a look as soon as they arrive!

findajit
12 Jan 2012, 2:39 AM
@Digeridoopoo,

I just heared from the publisher that the problem with the code download has been resolved and you shall be able to download it now!

findajit
19 Jan 2012, 8:04 PM
To take advantage of the 20% discount on the e-book, add the e-book to the cart and enter ak20sen in the promotional code field and then click the 'update' button to apply the 20% discount.

This code expires on 30th January, 11.59 pm.

Please use this book page (http://link.packtpub.com/Y7Aw8O) link with the code