PDA

View Full Version : Scroll issue on BlackBerry Torch 9800

omerio
16 Jan 2012, 6:44 AM
I'm developing an app for BlackBerry touch and I use a Torch for my development. I'm facing this strange scroll issue which I believe might be a bug in Sencha Touch.

Basically when I start scrolling, the scroll indicator appear the panel moves a little bit then stops with the indicator still showing, even if I raise my finger the indicator remains, second scroll seems to work fine (well fine mean it scroll correctly, but sluggish), so to get a successful scroll I've to do it twice and it's really annoying specially for a handset that is claimed to be supported.

Even when I visit the kitchen sink on the Torch browser and try to scroll on a long list I see the same behaviour, first scroll attempt shows the indicator scrolls the panel a little then tries to scroll the whole browser window, second attempt works fine. So this seems to me like an e.preventDefault() is needed for the BlackBerry somewhere.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I've already wasted sometime on this, and the annoying things the Torch is claimed to be supported, making me having serious thoughts about moving to jQuery Mobile, well at least for BlackBerry

omerio
16 Jan 2012, 7:09 AM
Unbelievable I think I answered myself, I've check the sencha-touch-debug and I can see there is an e.preventDefault() in onTouchEnd of the Ext.gesture.Manager

onTouchEnd: function(e) {
if (Ext.is.Blackberry) {
e.preventDefault();
}

I added the same to the onTouchMove and the problem is fixed and it scrolls fine, I'm going to raise this in the bugs section

amurillo
18 Jan 2012, 3:27 PM
Thanks a lot for this, it fixed an issue that was driving me nuts :)