PDA

View Full Version : Still Looking for Working Form Example

extjs@codephd.com
16 Jan 2012, 1:55 PM
I'm still looking for a working example using EXTJS Designer where form data is sent to the server. Is there a Sencha demo that provides this? I've read everyting I can find on the Sencha site, reviewed about a thousand forum postings and still have come up empty. I might be a little frustrated but remain encouraged and positive that such an example does exist.

This is such a key function of developing a web based application I'm confident the sample exists.

Eagerly awaiting any assistance that might be offered.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

extjs@codephd.com
26 Jan 2012, 9:32 AM
Well it is interesting that over 100 people have viewed my question and not one example has been offered. I spent the last couple of days reviewing and working with every line in the "Architecting Your App in Ext JS 4" demo. While this is a great demo it did not provide any life to the buttons. Maybe this is such a simple task that it does not require any examples. I don't know? I am stuck and if you happen to have an example in the new MCV format of a button sending form data actually to a server I would love to see it.

Thanks again,
Richard

I'm still looking for a working example using EXTJS Designer where form data is sent to the server. Is there a Sencha demo that provides this? I've read everything I can find on the Sencha site, reviewed about a thousand forum postings and still have come up empty. I might be a little frustrated but remain encouraged and positive that such an example does exist.

This is such a key function of developing a web based application I'm confident the sample exists.

Eagerly awaiting any assistance that might be offered.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

el_chief
26 Jan 2012, 11:22 AM
Ext Designer is for designing the user interface. You are expected to use an IDE to write the actual code, such as Netbeans or Eclipse.

This isn't a bad thing. You can save a lot of time making your UI in Designer.

extjs@codephd.com
28 Jan 2012, 6:35 PM
el_chief,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my request for an example. I understand fully the separation of duties of the designer and the IDE. However, we are still missing a working example. The designer and ExtJS4 both offer a new format for designing applications. Clearly, a working example where the widgets have live are needed. Still, I am unable to find a single example in ExtJS4 where a working demo of the basic components are given life. Anyone? Anyone?

I agree that the designer is a quick way to design a really cool "looking" UI. Now I just need a demo of how that really cool looking UI works.

Ext Designer is for designing the user interface. You are expected to use an IDE to write the actual code, such as Netbeans or Eclipse.

This isn't a bad thing. You can save a lot of time making your UI in Designer.

aconran
30 Jan 2012, 10:11 PM
We released a beta of Designer 2.0 today that addresses many of the frustrations that you've expressed in this thread. I suggest you give it a go and see if it helps you.
http://www.sencha.com/blog/sencha-designer-2-beta-announcement/

We also are in the process of creating a set of sample project files showing users how to wire up their applications. One of these examples is a simple form. You can find it in the ext40 directory, it is named forms.xda.
http://extjs.cachefly.net/designer/beta/designer-2.0-examples-v1.zip