PDA

View Full Version : "this.owner.surface" is null or not an object

Agupta
16 Jan 2012, 3:18 PM
I am new to extJS and just started to learn it. I was trying to use one of the examples from the demos to draw a pie chart and get the following error

"this.owner.surface" is null or not an object. I did not find much help about this error in the existing forum discussions. Can somebody please guide me and help me understand this error.

Thank You !!

mitchellsimoens
16 Jan 2012, 8:55 PM
Hard to tell what you are doing wrong without code.

Agupta
17 Jan 2012, 9:50 AM
Turns out that I am getting the error when I create a virtual directory for my ASP.Net MVC application, so I must be doing something wrong in the way I am importing extJS files into my ASP.Net MVC application. Than you for the reply tough !!

dougbieber
27 Jan 2012, 10:56 AM
I don't know what your environment is (ASP.NET?). We're running a traditional Java/JSON/EXTJS web/app server environment. Internally (behind our firewall) we can view apps that have pie charts as can our customers outside our firewall. Our one customer ran into this issue on one of their PCs using IE 8. All of their other PCs in this same environment can view the pie chart app. There appears to be no clear distinction between the software on the working PCs and the one that gets this error. We've had them set IE 8 back to its defaults, clear the cache, etc. They running Windows XP.

I wonder if there could be an issue with low level drawing under certain conditions. Here's the stack trace from our customer. As well, I've also printed-out some odd errors that I get in the latest version of Chrome using Analytics. Our app still works, and the pie chart render but we do see these errors in the console. Thanks if you have any insight.

gopi.s.krishnan
25 Mar 2013, 7:14 AM
Hi there,

Were you able to fix this issue?
Me facing the same. Please provide the solution if you have any.

Regards,
Gopi

dougbieber
25 Mar 2013, 7:17 AM
We're now on 4.1.2 and are not experiencing this issue to the best of my knowledge.

gopi.s.krishnan
25 Mar 2013, 7:19 AM
I'm using 4.0.7 in my application, could you provide me if there any fix available?