PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling list also scrolls container

aguerra10
17 Jan 2012, 8:32 AM
Hi,

I am having some problems with list scrolling..
I've got a container with a vbox layout... One of its items is a list...
Whenever I try to scroll the list, the parent container is also scrolling and I definitely dont want that behaviour in my application. I also dont want to turn off scrolling in the parent container..

Could anyone please help me?

mitchellsimoens
17 Jan 2012, 8:47 AM
Are the scrolling directions the same or different? Does the scrolling of the container only happen when the list reaches the top/bottom?

estesbubba
17 Jan 2012, 10:01 AM
With Touch 1.1 we found that when 2 containers were scrollable, sometimes the parent would scroll and sometimes the child would. We found it best to only have one scrollable container and that has worked great. I don't know if that was a bug or whichever container got the event first won.

aguerra10
17 Jan 2012, 10:12 AM
Are the scrolling directions the same or different? Does the scrolling of the container only happen when the list reaches the top/bottom?
They are both the same and the container begins scrolling as soon as the list scroll starts. It does not happen only when the list reaches the top/bottom...

Thanks mitchellsimoens!!

PD: I believe its an event related issue but do not know if it has a possible solution...

mitchellsimoens
12 Jun 2012, 6:55 AM
If you have a list that scrolls and it's parent is using vbox, then why are you allowing scroll in the same direction? The list's parent shouldn't scroll as vbox will get the items to fit the screen.