PDA

View Full Version : deploy extjs application in iphone as an app

anand5589
19 Jan 2012, 4:27 AM
Hi,
i have developed an application using sencha extjs 4, can i deploy it on my iphone as an app or do i need to create the same thing again using sencha touch?

kskrumpet
19 Jan 2012, 9:04 AM
One thing to bear in mind is the difference between sencha touch and extjs. Extjs was primarily designed for desktop browsers, and touch for mobile device apps. Extjs libraries are huge and I doubt anyone has tested all features and functionality of ExtJS under phonegap (which is presumably what you're aiming for?). It would quite likely be slow and consume a lot of the phone resources.

I know several of my ExtJS apps are used on mobile (generally android netbooks), but just by the user pointing their phone browser to the web site rather than making it a proper app. When someone's asked me to make an app I use touch.

anand5589
19 Jan 2012, 12:16 PM
thanks kskrumpet, consider i have a very small app (one grid with hard coded store) ....is it possible?...

lorezyra
19 Jan 2012, 1:17 PM
One way to find out... Build it.

It's not that big of a stretch to port an ExtJS version to a Touch site. The business logic would be similiar. However, you would probably have to re-code the boiler-plate source. I haven't tested Ext Designer 2.0 yet, but I heard it may support building Touch interfaces. If this is true, then your development of the GUI would be pretty simple.

I have a big ExtJS site. Once I have completed this, I have plans to port it to Touch. My intent is to have both the ExtJS and Touch based sources. I would perform a simple device detection on the server-side and redirect to the mobile directory (or subdomain server).