PDA

View Full Version : max memory that can be sent as json object

chot2
20 Jan 2012, 7:02 AM
I have a scenario where, I would be sending a mail to 3500 ids . I am sending it as AJAX POST . But when I exceed 250 id's I m getting 414 request URI too large .

Ext.Ajax.request({
url : g_sAppInstallDir+'invite/sendInvitation',
method: 'POST',
jsonData: {"eid":eventId,"uid":g_userId,"inviteType":inviteType,"scheduleDate":"","textColor":txtcolor,"bgColor":bgcolor,"linkColor":lnkcolor,"salutation":salute,"showfb":fbFlag,"showtwitter":twitterFlag,"showlinkedin":linkedinFlag,"customMsg":Ext.getDom('custMesg').innerHTML,"contactInfoList":optionsStr},
params: {"jsonData": {"eid":eventId,"uid":g_userId,"inviteType":inviteType,"scheduleDate":"","textColor":txtcolor,"bgColor":bgcolor,"linkColor":lnkcolor,"salutation":salute,"showfb":fbFlag,"showtwitter":twitterFlag,"showlinkedin":linkedinFlag,"customMsg":Ext.getDom('custMesg').innerHTML,"contactInfoList":optionsStr}},
success: function (response) {

},
failure: function (response) {

}
});*/

Is there any restriction for this ?? Isnt it possible to send too many ? Can someone please guide me .3085830859

friend
20 Jan 2012, 7:09 AM
This is typically a server configuration issue and has nothing to do with ExtJs.

chot2
20 Jan 2012, 7:44 AM
@friend

But if you see the 2 image, POST itself is getting published in server side .

If its a server configuration issue can you please let me know the fix

friend
20 Jan 2012, 10:29 AM
Here's a good explanation on HTTP status 414 (http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E414.html).

What software are you using to service HTTP/port 80 requests on your server? That will determine the what/how/why of configuration steps that need to be performed.