PDA

View Full Version : taphold events for dataview component

paul_todd
21 Jan 2012, 4:27 AM
Hi,

Are there any plans to add the taphold and/or longpress events to the dataview component as a number of touch events are already present.

If not, is there a technical reason why this can't be done or hasn't been done as it would be useful in a number of scenarios.

Thanks
Paul

mitchellsimoens
23 Jan 2012, 7:46 AM
I added taphold into our code 20 days ago so this should be in there in the next release.

donaldruby
16 Jul 2012, 7:54 AM
I'm using ST 2.0.2 and if my controller is configured to listen for taphold events on a dataview component, the tap events do not fire.

christythomas
12 Aug 2013, 8:32 AM
Why would you want a tap event to fire when you are doing a taphold? Is a tap event fired after a doubletap? Or a tap after a swipe event? I see a singletap is also fired after taphold. You tapped on the screen for all of those to do something. If a tap becomes a taphold I don't think a tap or singletap event should be fired. Does a singletap get fired when a doubletap occurs? That would seem odd if it did. I haven't actually tried this out other than tap after taphold. I'm trying to understand the reasoning behind why you would need a tap after taphold.