PDA

View Full Version : ListPaging Plugin ported to 2.0

passion4code
23 Jan 2012, 1:52 PM
Greetings,

I had quite a few issues getting the ListPaging plugin to work properly, and ended up refactoring the plugin so that it could work with 2.0 (it looked like it was referencing a lot of 1.1 methods / properties that aren't present anymore).

Note: This currently only supports auto paging. I haven't tried it with the button.

To use it, just add {ptype: 'paging'}

Please keep in mind that I'm very new to Sencha Touch and ExtJS, so there is still quite a bit of room for improvement, but this is what I used to get it to work for me (well...I have a different namespace in my local app).

Any feedback is greatly valued and appreciated, as I will be continuing development on this (albeit lightly) for a month or so.

mitchellsimoens
23 Jan 2012, 2:17 PM
Thank you! Every little bit you work on something, especially something within the framework the more you will learn!

Currently the ListPaging plugin isn't fully updated to work with ST2 so your troubles with it are justified.

passion4code
23 Jan 2012, 2:32 PM
Glad I could be of any assistance. I'll probably be doing a lot of development in SenchaTouch 2.0 in the next few months, so hopefully I can contribute more to the community than just something like this.

edspencer
23 Jan 2012, 6:09 PM
ListPaging made a comeback in the just released PR4 (http://www.sencha.com/forum/announcement.php?f=92&a=28) :)

passion4code
23 Jan 2012, 6:15 PM
Sweet, thank you sir. Looking forward to trying it out.

I finished you watching an introductory speech at Senchacon 2011 a few days ago, very insightful.

edspencer
23 Jan 2012, 6:40 PM
I finished you watching an introductory speech at Senchacon 2011 a few days ago, very insightful.

Great :) I was on about 2 hours of sleep for the week so if it didn't make sense you'll know why...

passion4code
24 Jan 2012, 9:37 AM
I was on an equal amount of sleep when I wrote that grammatical catastrophe of a post regarding your speech at Senchacon.

Your speech was well done, and provided a good deal of insight that the current examples and docs don't quite provide. Looking forward to trying PR4 today.

edspencer
24 Jan 2012, 10:45 AM
Cool. I just overhauled the MVC docs/guides for PR4 so hopefully most of the stuff from the talk translated across well. I'm sure I've missed things though so let me know if anything is confusing.

passion4code
24 Jan 2012, 11:01 AM
Using lists and AJAX proxies is a bit weak :) I could probably help out with that, as I got it working cleanly (with my AutoPagination plugin, and the applied fix for loading ptype aliased objects from the factory) , but it won't be compatible with the PR4 release, just PR3.