PDA

View Full Version : 'xtype' is null or not an object

seema
25 Jan 2012, 4:29 PM
I'm facing a very wierd problem.

I have developed an application and it worked perfect in FireFox. But when I try to open it on IE7 and IE 8, it gives me an error "'xtype' is null or not an object". And then blank space. here is the screen-shot for the same.
Please help. I'm in a very critical stage of my development.

jay@moduscreate.com
25 Jan 2012, 4:40 PM
you should be using ext-all-debug.js

That said, you might have an problem somewhere else on your page, like an extra comma. You should enable the IE8 debug tools to assist with your problems.

friend
26 Jan 2012, 6:54 AM
What Jay said. Dangling commas cause IE to choke/puke, whereas Firefox/Chrome manage to ignore them.

droessner
26 Jan 2012, 1:58 PM
You can run your code through JSLint (http://www.jslint.com)if you are having trouble finding it.

seema
26 Jan 2012, 3:21 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your support.

I've added ext-js-debug.js. Using JSLint I was able to finout one extra comma. After removing that 'xtype' error gone but now there is one more error " Unable to get value of the property 'floating': object is null or undefined". And after that there is blank page

Please suggest

jay@moduscreate.com
26 Jan 2012, 3:23 PM
Hi,
Thanks for your support.

I've added ext-js-debug.js. Using JSLint I was able to finout one extra comma. After removing that 'xtype' error gone but now there is one more error " Unable to get value of the property 'floating': object is null or undefined". And after that there is blank page

Please suggest

Many people feel that JSLint is way too obtrusive. These people have started the JSHint movement.

Seema, at this point, you absolutely need to start taking charge of debug cycles for your app. Use the IE debug tools.

seema
26 Jan 2012, 3:30 PM
IE build-in script debugger always points to ext-all-debug.js.
Does not lead to proper erronious script

jay@moduscreate.com
26 Jan 2012, 3:35 PM
Use exT loader, then! Check th sencha blog. I wrote an excellent article on it.

seema
26 Jan 2012, 6:18 PM
Hi,
Thanks a lot for all your support. JSHint was a great help.
Finally I was able to locate those extra commas in my project.

Thanks a lot again

Seema