PDA

View Full Version : Property grid columns not resizable...

koblass
27 Jan 2012, 4:44 AM
Hi,

I'm using a property grid and unfortunately the columns are not resizable. I've checked in the "Ext.grid.property.HeaderContainer" class and I saw the the "fixed" property is set up on the second column (which is deprecated btw).

How can I change this in order to have the column resizable.

Last point, I noticed that the width or the first column can me changed, but what about setting "flex" properties ?

Best regards
Daniel

koblass
30 Jan 2012, 4:54 AM
Any news about this issue ?

Best regards
Daniel

maleksandrov
11 Sep 2012, 12:43 AM
I'm using Ext 4.1.1 and no luck with resizing. Only programatically:

afterrender: function(){
this.columns[0].setWidth(200);
}
I tried setting fixed=false and resizable=true to every column but didn't work. I wonder if that's a bug or intentionally disabled. And if disabled - why :-/

nbabinski
4 Oct 2012, 12:40 AM
fixed=false and resizable=true - are configuration only for an individual column inside the header container and they are not responsible for enabling/disabling resizer in header. For this is responsible header's enableColumnResize ​property.

Columns are not re-sizable due to the enableColumnResize property of Ext.grid.header.Container.
In properties grid - header container is created using the Ext.grid.property.HeaderContainer class which is created insight the properties grid instead of using columns/colModel configuration property of a grid. Using columns configuration grid internally creates a header container and adds enableColumnResize = true to it.
To make it working, the simplest way, it to override the Ext.grid.property.HeaderContainer - constructor setting this property to true, for example:

Ext.require('Ext.grid.property.HeaderContainer', function(){
Ext.override(Ext.grid.property.HeaderContainer, {
constructor: function() {
//enable resizing
this.enableColumnResize = true;
this.callParent(arguments);
}
});
});

If you need further customization, the best way to extend property grid and header classes. In property grid override initComponent to use newly extended header class and make needed changes in header class. But the above override should work.

maleksandrov
24 Oct 2012, 12:28 AM
I know about enableColumnResize property and I tried to change it in many different ways. Didn't work, that's why I mentioned fixed=false and resizable=true.
And thanks for the override, but didn't work for me.