PDA

View Full Version : strange compile error while following Kitchen Sink tutorial

masaman
30 Jan 2012, 4:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to iPad development and I've just started using Sencha Touch. I was following along the Kitchen Sink tutorial (http://www.sencha.com/learn/a-sencha-touch-mvc-application-with-phonegap/) just fine until I changed the linkage settings to optional for CoreMedia, UIKit and AVFoundation as instructed. After that, my application would not compile. I got the following errors...

main.m

Semantic Issue 'NSAutoreleasePool' is unavailable: not available in automatic reference counting mode
Semantic Issue 'release' is unavailable: not available in automatic reference counting mode
Automatic Reference Counting Issue ARC forbids explicit message send of 'release'

AppDelegate.m

Automatic Reference Counting Issue ARC forbids explicit message send of 'dalloc'

I tried changing the linkage settings back but the compile errors did not go away. The errors are in files that I did not touch. I did search the forums for similar posts but I did not find any. For now, I will start the tutorial over and skip that step but I'm curious to know what happened.

I'm using:

phonegap v. 1.3
sencha touch v. 1.1.1
xcode4
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mitchellsimoens
31 Jan 2012, 11:20 AM
Sounding like a PhoneGap issue