PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ] [2.0.0 build 268] Crashes with "undefined" error upon project Save AS...

lorezyra
30 Jan 2012, 9:24 PM
I'm testing on Windows XP SP3 and it crashes everytime I attempt to save as...

I simply opened an existing project and did a File > Save As... Choose a different path to save the file and it crashes after I click OK!

aconran
30 Jan 2012, 10:41 PM
lorezyra -

I tried to replicate this issue in windows xp under several different circumstances and was unable to.

Could you please provide us more information in the steps you are taking to reproduce it?

Thanks,

strobelight
31 Jan 2012, 9:51 AM
I got similar, but on changing Preferences.

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

Opened Ext Designer .xds file, since I needed some events for my grid CRUD, but didn't want the project saved in the same place, so went into preferences, noticed empty base url, probably ok I thought, changed ext path to be my own local /ext4, blanked out sencha url (only using extjs), changed project path to different directory, clicked Save and got the above.

Here's a video: <font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: tahoma;">
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13088493/SenchaDesigner.mov

Ken

bseddon
31 Jan 2012, 10:59 AM
I've also seen a crash (see uploaded screen shot). In my case:

Created a new ExtJS 4.0 application;
Imported the 'form' sample
Played around by clicking here and there (just prodding and poking nothing serious)
Double-clicked on the 'getValues' onButtonClick event to see the code
Selected the 'Implementation class' from the blue drop down
Crash

I've tried to reproduce but have so far been unsuccessful (I know that sucks).

aconran
31 Jan 2012, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the screenshots, videos and test cases. We will attempt to reproduce this.

Thanks

lorezyra
1 Feb 2012, 2:47 PM
I got similar, but on changing Preferences.

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

Opened Ext Designer .xds file, since I needed some events for my grid CRUD, but didn't want the project saved in the same place, so went into preferences, noticed empty base url, probably ok I thought, changed ext path to be my own local /ext4, blanked out sencha url (only using extjs), changed project path to different directory, clicked Save and got the above.

Here's a video: <font color="#222222"><span style="font-family: tahoma;">
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13088493/SenchaDesigner.mov

Ken

I have the same issue. It would crash after I attempted to change the preferences using a different export directory...

lorezyra
1 Feb 2012, 5:17 PM
I've tested on Windows 7 -64bit successfully. I was not able to reproduce this issue. Maybe it's related to the OS?

Phil.Strong
1 Feb 2012, 7:24 PM
so did you choose a location that already contained a project file (and app dir). We try to handle this gracefully. Trying to figure out what's happening here.