PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch Device profiles

empyrion
31 Jan 2012, 8:04 AM
In Sencha Touch 2 we can use device profiles, but i don't see that option when using the designer. Is this possible to do with the Designer?

Thanks,

Manuel Silva

aconran
31 Jan 2012, 11:35 AM
Profiles are not yet supported in the Designer. This may be supported some time in the future.

empyrion
1 Feb 2012, 2:58 AM
Well, if they are not supported at the moment, is there any way to create folders inside the views separator?

aconran
1 Feb 2012, 7:54 AM
It's not possible yet.

If you have some ideas as to how this would work please share them. We want to make sure that we put a good solution in the product rather than a hack that may limit us in the future.

empyrion
1 Feb 2012, 8:40 AM
Well, from what i've understood from Sencha Touch docs, my idea of folders wouldn't be enough.

Basically you'll have to have another separator similar to Views,Controllers and Models but for Profiles and then inside the Views separator we have to be able to create folders, to actually put the specific views.

does that make sense?

aconran
1 Feb 2012, 8:42 AM
does that make sense?

Yes, I understand the technical bits as to how it would be done if you were writing the code manually. :)

My question that I was posing to you was more about how would you like to see the interface done inside of designer.

empyrion
1 Feb 2012, 8:55 AM
But inside the designer is the same thing.

You would end up with the following structure in the project inspector

Application

Controllers
Views
Stores
Models
Profiles
Add the ability to also have folders inside of the Views for each profile and that's it.

The hard part on your part is then be able to switch the phone/tablet emulator depending on which profile file is opened.

:)

jschwartz73
7 Feb 2012, 11:43 AM
If device profiles will not be supported until somewhere in the 2.x timeline, and there is not a way to manually add profiles, then what is the best way to create multi-device apps with Sencha Touch 2 / Sencha Designer 2?

Thanks in advance.

aconran
7 Feb 2012, 12:13 PM
If device profiles will not be supported until somewhere in the 2.x timeline, and there is not a way to manually add profiles, then what is the best way to create multi-device apps with Sencha Touch 2 / Sencha Designer 2?.

The easy solution is a single application with conditionals like you would have done in Sencha Touch 1.

You could also create multiple applications which I would not recommend.

empyrion
10 Feb 2012, 4:36 AM
What i am currently doing is using designer to create the layout and such, and then having the real app in another folder and copy code as needed. not ideal but seems to do the trick at the time.