PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on whether to move from PR3 to PR4 or wait for beta?



mike lebowski
31 Jan 2012, 5:49 PM
I have read quite a few threads with people reporting pain moving from PR3 to PR4 , and some possible regressions, particularly re: MVC.

Since I still have a lot of basic work to do, I was wondering if I might be better continuing to be productive with PR3 rather than risk going backwards thrashing thru move to PR4?

Opinions?

UbuntuPenguin
31 Jan 2012, 6:45 PM
I've thought about the same thing. The examples in PR4 look wildly different from those in PR3 and its like I have to relearn alot. The main advantage between 3 and 4 is that hopefully 4 resembles the final release, so you won't have to relearn and refactor as much. Of course this is hopefully.

edspencer
1 Feb 2012, 2:19 AM
PR4 is basically API frozen, so yes I'd say either upgrade to it now or wait until the next release, which is rather imminent...

aflx
1 Feb 2012, 7:39 AM
Wait if you are currently using the data package (proxy, store...) ;) I have several problems because of some bugs, which will be fixed in the next release (hopefully).

sarah_77
1 Feb 2012, 8:11 AM
And what about if I'm using SQLLiteProxy plugin?

Thanks

aflx
1 Feb 2012, 8:25 AM
I think you will have some trouble ;)
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?151444-SqliteProxy-for-ST2&highlight=proxy