PDA

View Full Version : Team Collaboration using Designer

vdemnos
1 Feb 2012, 8:30 AM
Hello,

Is it possible for 2+ developers to be working on the same Sencha Designer project in parallel?

It is not clear to me whether having a single *.xds file can be merged back together nicely into version control tool...

Phil.Strong
1 Feb 2012, 6:55 PM
There is no longer a single XDS file. There are now lots of files. 1 or more per top level class. This makes it much easier to use both source control and have multiple developers.

vdemnos
2 Feb 2012, 5:30 AM
That is excellent to hear.

Thank you!

:)

terryfritsch
29 Feb 2012, 6:14 PM
Is there a workflow example of using Designer in a collaborative environment? Right now we're using Dropbox to store the designer project file. I'm wondering if there is a better way...

Also, in terms of collaboration, Designer overwrites everything in the View folder (even outside of the UI folder) - is there a way to turn that off so that those files can be maintained by people who don't have Designer? Or, is there another file structure that we should be using?

aconran
29 Feb 2012, 6:56 PM
Is there a workflow example of using Designer in a collaborative environment? Right now we're using Dropbox to store the designer project file. I'm wondering if there is a better way...

We are in the process of writing a bunch of documentation right now. This is a good example of something we should be writing! Our recommendation would be to use a source control system like git.

Also, in terms of collaboration, Designer overwrites everything in the View folder (even outside of the UI folder) - is there a way to turn that off so that those files can be maintained by people who don't have Designer? Or, is there another file structure that we should be using?
The next build will have some changes in this regard:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?184095-Breaking-changes-regarding-Code-Editing-Build-gt-298