PDA

View Full Version : Select/Hilight Text on a Device

Rhogar
1 Feb 2012, 3:53 PM
Hey guys- just been trying to select text on an ipad and it's not working.. Running the app in a browser works just fine, but any html text inside a panel won't get selected with the taphold or double tap events.
I've set the user-select to "text", so it should allow the text to be hilighted, and I've made sure that all the senchatouch css instances are also not overriding this.

Any suggestions on why text isn't allowed to be hilighted and how to get around it?

Cheers!

mitchellsimoens
2 Feb 2012, 10:40 AM
We are kind of preventing it. For what I see is the reason is for the ST scroller that is used. There is also a bug that we aren't allowing tapping on things like <a> tags that could also be causing that CSS rule not to be effective. That bug will be fixed.

Rhogar
2 Feb 2012, 4:26 PM
Thanks for the reply mitchellsimoens!
I've looked into it, you are preventing default behaviour in the javascript file as you said, though I commented out the line where it says e.broswerEvent.preventDefault(); and everything still seems to be alright. Scroller hasn't been affected and the hilighting text works as hoped. Maybe it was fixed up from PR3 or something?

I actually also had that issue with A tags not being clickable, but I got around that by putting a tap listener on my root panel, then check if the target was a link tag, if it was- force it to do the onclick event. Works like a charm!
Though as you said, a fix for that so we can avoid workarounds like that would be sweet.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction once again!

larse503
25 Jul 2012, 2:57 PM
Where was that e.broswerEvent.preventDefault(); line at? I'm having the same problem.