PDA

View Full Version : Freezes after a while if not used, or if I switch to other windows, apps a few times

vadimv
4 Feb 2012, 12:09 PM
My system is MacOS 10.6.8, and every time it freezes I have to quit it's process and restart it.

aconran
6 Feb 2012, 1:46 PM
Ouch, this one is not good. :-( We've been unable to reproduce this one. Do you have any additional steps or hints you can give us about how to reproduce?

vadimv
6 Feb 2012, 11:35 PM
I just open de designer with a recent project, play a few seconds with some views/clicks, then I switch to browser, and after a minute coming back to the designer I see the hand cursor and the click is dead, also the hover/selection effect - impossible to work, needs a restart. That's all what I can give you. Even the quit designer's cmd from menu doesn't work have to kill the process from task manager.

Phil.Strong
7 Feb 2012, 8:09 AM
Can you confirm your build number via the splash or about screens?

vadimv
7 Feb 2012, 8:38 AM
sure, 268

Phil.Strong
8 Feb 2012, 10:43 AM
build 276 is either out or will be soon can you update to this and confirm this is still an issue.

Also can you try this with a new project and see if the same occurs. If it does not can you export the project and get it to us designer.feedback email works.

vadimv
8 Feb 2012, 12:50 PM

Upgraded, the same behavior, tried to export a new project made in 276, but the export freezes the designer and the .xda file increases in size with every second, huge size, forced to quit the designer when .xda had 630 MB. Very strange, am I the only one with such problems ?
My steps for the new project:
1. Create new project extjs 4.
2. Added a viewport and a tabpanel to it.
3. Save and export.
Also after first try/step 3, force quit, restart, added extjs link to sources in project settings, but the same behavior.

aconran
8 Feb 2012, 12:56 PM
Perhaps it is something to do with snow leopard. I've been unable to reproduce in Lion.

vadimv
8 Feb 2012, 12:59 PM
here another screenshot:
@aconran, you can't test or haven't tested it on Snow Leopard !!!!?
EDIT: I mean in general was designer tested on snow !!?

aconran
8 Feb 2012, 1:03 PM
Snow Leopard is not in our regular set of tests that gets tested everyday by QA. Will look into getting some more extensive testing done on it to see if this is related.

Phil.Strong
9 Feb 2012, 7:20 AM
@vadimv can you try an uninstall / fresh install of Designer.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?152941-Sencha-Designer-2-Beta-Download-links

vadimv
9 Feb 2012, 7:39 AM
By saying "upgraded" in my previous post I have meant uninstalled 268/ installed 276. Is the download link you point it has a higher version then 276 ? if yes then I can try. Used a tool called AppCleaner, if you think the uninstall was made not clean or wrong(which I don't think), then suggest pls how to make a clean unistall of the designer.

thx.

vadimv
9 Feb 2012, 7:43 AM
....very strange, what !!? none of the forum Designer's users are working with it on Snow Leopard, at least to tell as that works ok....or not. Nobody have tested Designer on Snow L!!!?.

vadimv
28 Feb 2012, 1:07 PM
just wanted to let you know that it happens more with chrome, if designer is hidden and chrome is shown and get's the focus for a while, after which designer get's the focus back, for sure is dead, it's about last build(298) too.

Phil.Strong
29 Feb 2012, 8:15 AM
Yes we've been able to reproduce it. However only with packaged version of Designer which makes this hard to get to the bottom of. I've heard that in some cases you can resize the window and it jumps back to life.

vadimv
29 Feb 2012, 11:55 AM
Thx for suggestion, have tried, yes resize brings to life, the work now is more productive.
p.s. also noticed that with last builds the freeze is not so frequent as it was with previous builds

Phil.Strong
5 Mar 2012, 1:29 PM
It's a top priority to have this fixed ASAP. Any more details anyone can give would be helpful.

vadimv
5 Mar 2012, 11:36 PM
Here one more: when designer is in coding mode it doesn't freeze.

Also noticed that when there's a project with many views, and after working a while with it, then trying to switch between views is kind annoying because it doesn't, or if switches then the view is mixed with the previous and the layout is broken, thus there's something with the preview module.

Will post later some pictures for clarity, hopes it helps.

Phil.Strong
6 Mar 2012, 11:05 AM
We're investigating this now (literally) any pics can/could help.

Phil.Strong
6 Mar 2012, 11:10 AM
So if you minimize it this freeze occurs instantly (only if you use the (-) icon as opposed to CMD + h. Fully reproducible we're going to get to work

aconran
7 Mar 2012, 11:42 AM
This bug will be fixed in build > 309.

vadimv
7 Mar 2012, 11:49 PM
So if you minimize it this freeze occurs instantly (only if you use the (-) icon as opposed to CMD + h. Fully reproducible we're going to get to work

Yes , only if you use(-). Ok, great.