PDA

View Full Version : Grid loading mask shows up at top left of screen after tabbing to other panel

hvtilborg
8 Feb 2012, 12:23 AM
Not sure if this is a bug, at least I find this behavior not desirable, but I could be missing something...

I'm stumbling upon the following. I have a page with a grid on it and in the south a tab panel. The tab panel consists of many regular panels that all contain a grid that is based on a store with an Ajax data proxy.

The content of all of these panels is based on what item is selected inside the main page's grid. So whenever the item selection changes, all these panels are notified and will automatically fetch new data for its grid according to the selected item.

Because all the 'tab panel panels' have a async grid, it means they all have a nice loading mask.

What now happens is the following, when I select an item from the main page's grid, all grids in the tab panel items are updated. When I now tab to one of the other tabs, and select another item from the main page's grid, a loading mask for the grid in the currently selected tab appears. But there's also a loading mask that appears at the left top of my browser window. I presume this is the loading mask from the previously selected tab.

What do I do wrong? Or is it a bug?

friend
8 Feb 2012, 6:04 AM
This is just a shot in the dark, but I once had a similar problem, where adding a DOCTYPE to my index.html page cured the problem.

Try the HTML 5 DOCTYPE first.

<!DOCTYPE HTML>

If that doesn't help, then switch to the 4.01 STRICT DOCTYPE.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

If this doesn't have any effect on the problem, then please post a pared-down code sample which shows your parent container layouts.

hvtilborg
10 Feb 2012, 12:44 AM
I'm using the HTML5 doctype, which I don't want to change, since I'm 'depending' on it's new section specific tags (<article> etc.) and the 'data-' attributes.

Is it the case I have to disable the loadmask of the individual grids whenever I open another tab?

hvtilborg
17 Feb 2012, 12:29 AM
Does anybody have a clue?

hvtilborg
6 Mar 2012, 2:52 AM
And, again a retry :).

jeremym
15 Mar 2012, 12:38 PM
I'm having a similar issue... I've got a couple of views that include seperate instances of the same grid class. At first the mask was appearing in the top left for both of them... then after a series of online searches I added an explicit "doLayout()" call on the grid after the view rendered (listening for the afterrender event on the grid).... that solved it for one of my views, but oddly not the other!