PDA

View Full Version : A Project that went blank.

hotdp
8 Feb 2012, 2:27 AM
Hey,
I have created a ST2 project. Added a lot of views and a store and model. Everything looks OK. I added the project folder to SVN for backup.
If I export the project folder and open the project file. The project is empty?

aconran
8 Feb 2012, 9:02 AM
hotdp -

In Designer 2.0 a project encompasses an entire directory. There is a hidden .metadata folder that must go along with the project in order for it to work. This makes it easier for multiple people to collaborate on the same project and work with source control.

hotdp
8 Feb 2012, 10:10 AM
hotdp -

In Designer 2.0 a project encompasses an entire directory. There is a hidden .metadata folder that must go along with the project in order for it to work. This makes it easier for multiple people to collaborate on the same project and work with source control.

Aaron once again thank you for the reply.
Where is this hidden .metadata folder? I think I comitted the whole project folder.

aconran
8 Feb 2012, 11:20 AM
It will be within the project folder.

hotdp
8 Feb 2012, 11:45 PM
I did not include the .meta folder.

The problem is now solved after including it.

aconran
9 Feb 2012, 12:36 AM
Great. We are having some internal discussions about making the metadata directory not hidden which could ease the on-ramp to designer.

What we want to ensure is that users understand that these are designers own private files and modifying them by hand may break your project!