PDA

View Full Version : what is the maximum number of data we can show in the grid - Extjs4?

renganathan
8 Feb 2012, 9:55 PM
Hi all,

i am facing the unresponsive script error, when i am loading huge data in the grid .Is that any maximum limit is there?

How to avoid unresponsive script error when i loading huge data?

Farish
9 Feb 2012, 3:32 AM
the time is taken to render the grid. this rendering time depends on number of records as well as number of columns in the grid. you can try to buffer the rendering (this means that only the records in view are rendered), its in the examples, and the records are rendered as you scroll but this doesnt work perfectly (tried with ExtJS 4.0.7) and there are problems with the scrollbar. Also, if you arent using autoSync and you scroll out of the view containing the changed/newly added record, the changes are lost since new records (which are now in view) are loaded into the data array of the store. try reducing unnecessary columns in your grid if there are any. I discussed this on the Premium Forums and the support team recommends using paging if there are a large number of records but this means u have to implement sorting and filtering on the backend.