PDA

View Full Version : How to integrate GXT module in to existing dynamic web project

pk.hafeez
9 Feb 2012, 1:42 AM
Hi,

I have a dynamic web project which is struts JSP based. I want to use charting and grid features of EXT GWT in to it. How do i do it. And more ques is does this integration ask for any plugin installation on the browser on the first time. If yes, how can i add plugin content in to project, so that it doesnt ask for plug in installation.

gishmo
9 Feb 2012, 2:38 AM
Using GXT 3.0 there is no plugin needed. If you use charts of GXT 2.x in your project you might need a Flash-plugin when working with charts..

You can put your GXT module in a iFrame or a <div>-tag on you web page If you use an iFarme, you cann't access elements from outside the iFrame.
Keep in mind, every time you refresh your page, the GWT module will be loaded.

pk.hafeez
9 Feb 2012, 3:47 AM
Thanks for the information :) I want to know how to integrate gxt in to existing web project. I mean what all required set up of gxt i need to take care of so as to integrate it with web project.

pk.hafeez
9 Feb 2012, 3:49 AM
Sorry for the separate reply again. Can i find any source which can guide me with some example or similar information

gishmo
9 Feb 2012, 3:53 AM
Follow the steps described in the setup.txt to add GXT to your project.

Create an iFrame or <div> in your JSP and give that element an ID.

Call in your module:
RootPanel.get("ID").add(your Viewport).

That''s all.

pk.hafeez
9 Feb 2012, 4:17 AM
Thanks a lot :) That did it ;)