PDA

View Full Version : UI Components of same parent are "following" each other

tonyvuolo
9 Feb 2012, 7:03 PM
I have two components that are "following" each other on the screen. If I manually update the x and y of one of the components in the component config the other still follows it. I;ve highlighted in red below the two components that are following each other.

{
xtype: 'panel',
id: 'addRequestContainer',
padding: '10px',
layout: {
type: 'absolute'
},
title: 'Request',
items: [
{
xtype: 'datefield',
width: 300,
fieldLabel: 'Letter Date',
x: 20,
y: 30
},
{
xtype: 'textfield',
fieldLabel: 'ARM ID',
y: 60
},
{
fieldLabel: 'Patient First Name',
y: 90
},
{
xtype: 'radiogroup',
width: 400,
fieldLabel: 'Records Requested',
y: 130,
{
xtype: 'radiofield',
boxLabel: 'Yes'
},
{
xtype: 'radiofield',
boxLabel: 'No'
}
]
},
{
xtype: 'datefield',
width: 320,
fieldLabel: 'Received Date',
x: 400,
y: 30
},
{
fieldLabel: 'Batch ID',
y: 60
},
{
fieldLabel: 'Patient Last Name',
y: 90
},
{
xtype: 'displayfield',
value: 'Pending - Rebuttal',
fieldLabel: 'Current Status',
y: 180
},
{
xtype: 'displayfield',
value: 'Big Hospital of New York',
fieldLabel: 'Facility',
x: 10,
y: 150
},
{
xtype: 'tabpanel',
height: 400,
activeTab: 0,
x: 10,
y: 150,
{
title: 'Tab 1'
},
{
title: 'Tab 2'
},
{
title: 'Tab 3'
}
]
}
]
}

aconran
9 Feb 2012, 7:05 PM
Hrm, that sounds like we may have a reference thats overlapping somehow. Do you have a reliable way to reproduce this?

tonyvuolo
9 Feb 2012, 7:12 PM
It has happened twice today when using absolute position mode. I can't think of anything specific that triggers it, but even if I delete one of the components that is following the other and drag a new one to the container it will start following the same exact one as the deleted component did. i.e. It is a showstopper on the current layout since I can't get around it in the designer by deleting the problem component.

aconran
9 Feb 2012, 7:20 PM
If you save the project and re-open it does the exact same thing occur? if so could you please share the project archive with us privately?

tonyvuolo
9 Feb 2012, 7:20 PM
I was able to clear the issue b changing the parent container layout to type "table" and then I switched it immediately back to "absolute". I had to re-position some of the child components but they no longer seem to be following one another.

tonyvuolo
9 Feb 2012, 7:21 PM
If it happens again I will save and re-open and share the project archive if there is still a problem.

Thanks

tonyvuolo
9 Feb 2012, 8:47 PM
Hi, It happened again, this time I had about 4 of the chart components on a panel and the fourth one I added started to follow the third. Following your advice I saved the project and then re-opened it and after re-opening the issue went away.

Thanks for the advice.

Phil.Strong
11 Feb 2012, 10:31 AM
If you find a reliable way to reproduce this with your project and would be willing to send it we would love that. Sounds like a touch bug for us to figure out otherwise.