PDA

View Full Version : Resize after renderer

biscuit314
11 Feb 2012, 10:53 PM
I've implemented a renderer function on a grid column which returns an img tag. The src is an image whose height is bigger than the row. Everything looks good except one thing. It appears the scrollbar length is calculated before renderer is called. With the larger images each row resizes nicely, but the scrollbar for the grid is too short. When you scroll it all the way down, there is more grid left you can't reach.

Any manual resize operation fixes the problem - moving the splitter or resizing the window for example. After doing so the scrollbar let's you get to the bottom.

My question is: can I do anything programatically to fix this without user intervention? I tried falling doLayout() in various places to no avail.

mitchellsimoens
12 Feb 2012, 8:06 AM
I would recommend looking into 4.1.0 where the scrollbars are now the browser's native scrollbars (unless you are using buffered/infinite)

biscuit314
12 Feb 2012, 4:30 PM
Thanks for that. Solves my immediate problem with the scrollbars (although I'm still curious whether there is a way to trigger the resize programmatically)