PDA

View Full Version : Sample Portal Example

vjrag_ind
13 Feb 2012, 11:11 AM
Guys,
This is my very first time with EXT JS4 and I have been tasked with creating a Web portal with the capability of handling multiple portlets with drag and drop functionality.
How do I go about learning the basics of the portal example on here? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
VJ

mitchellsimoens
13 Feb 2012, 11:16 AM
There aren't any tutorials specifically on the portal. The API Docs have many great guides in it and there is a learn section to help you learn Ext JS 4 and would recommend learning Ext JS 4 as it will help you understand the portal more.

vjrag_ind
13 Feb 2012, 6:53 PM
There aren't any tutorials specifically on the portal. The API Docs have many great guides in it and there is a learn section to help you learn Ext JS 4 and would recommend learning Ext JS 4 as it will help you understand the portal more.

Thank you very much for you quick response. I did read documentation on EXT JS 4 and did their sample account manager project. I also understand the basic class system with the MVC architecture.

However I would like to know how to set up the portal example in Visual Studio 2010 so I can change stuff and play around with it. I hope I am making sense (since I am totally new to this I dont know how to explain my requirements). If not, please let me know and I will try to explain it better. Thanks again!

vjrag_ind
14 Feb 2012, 9:31 AM
I got it to work, thank you :). If anyone (clueless like me) needs help please let me know and I can post the folder structure.

Sahbi
1 Jun 2012, 2:51 AM
hi buddy, I'm clueless ! I'm struggling to migrate the portal example into Architect and with MVC structure :((