PDA

View Full Version : no program window anymore

dddesign
13 Feb 2012, 2:25 PM
I'm testing sencha designer in the last days. after coping and renaming some projects/apps I can't start sencha designer anymore. this means I can start the program and I still get the window that I have x days left for trial but after selecting a project the window disappears... I see the process in windows task manager (windows vista) but I can't switch to the application sencha designer.

what could be the problem? also after reinstalling (without deinstall) it's still the same. any ideas?

I will try now to deinstall and reinstall sencha desigern...

thanks for your help.
jan

ecorellas
13 Feb 2012, 2:50 PM
I have downloaded the designer 2 beta only last week. At first all was fine, however after few days, I am now unable to open the program. After clicking on "Continue Trial" and selecting new project (either touch 2 or Ext js 4.0), nothing happens and the popup window closes itself.

dddesign
13 Feb 2012, 2:55 PM
some for me. process is in the windows task manager but no program window sencha designer...
please help.
jan

aconran
13 Feb 2012, 4:12 PM
If you start a new project does the same thing happen?

Could you send us the sample projects if they are causing the application to break?

dddesign
13 Feb 2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, the same if I start a new touch project or even ext project.
As I mentioned, the process is up and running but no window...
Is there a log of sencha designer or of windows vista which can help you? Let me know. It would be great to test sencha designer furthermore.
J

dddesign
16 Feb 2012, 3:17 PM
I update sencha design to newest build on my windows vista pc (build 288) but I have still the same problem: after opening a new project there is no designer window but the process is running (see screenshots).
I'd like to test the designer over weekend, so I would be very happy if this get solved. is it the designer or my vista?
j

Stephan Mercier
16 Feb 2012, 3:48 PM
Samething here, anybody know how to get it back to work?

dddesign
21 Feb 2012, 1:48 AM
any news on this? can't find any solution by my own... j

nofx
21 Feb 2012, 2:01 AM
I had this once with another program, but maybe you have the same problem. The problem was that the window was placed outside of my screen. So a normal position on your screen would be x:300, y: 200, but my screen was positioned at x: -32443, y: -11233. No idea how that happend.

I also have Visual Studio installed which has Spy++. With that i was able to tell what the position was of the window that i lost. Then i wrote a little script which repositioned the window for me.

So maybe you could check the window position with some tool.

dddesign
21 Feb 2012, 6:37 AM
I will check this tonight, but I think it has to be a diffrent problem because I can't see the designer in the taskbar. The designer is in the taskbar after start and while choosing a project, but after choosing a new project the window disappear (also in the taskbar).

Phil.Strong
21 Feb 2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah this is not good.

Can you do a clean install?

Uninstall from programs and features
Remove C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0

Reinstall

Phil.Strong
21 Feb 2012, 10:56 AM
I've merged 2 threads that were very similar in nature.

dddesign
22 Feb 2012, 11:24 PM
I already tried to reinstall without success. But this time with deleting also

Remove C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0
and installing designer again, it was successful, I see the main window again.
thanks a lot
j

Phil.Strong
23 Feb 2012, 7:54 AM
If others try removing their appData please do me a favor and zip it up first and send it to me so I can investigate the real issue.

Thanks!

Phil.Strong
23 Feb 2012, 7:54 AM
Glad that worked ddd

ecorellas
23 Feb 2012, 12:36 PM
I have removed files and rienstalled program. all working fine now.
Thanks a lot

dddesign
23 Feb 2012, 12:51 PM
hi phil,
here my deleted data
(can attach a zip file of this size, you have do download it here:
http://mobile.moontools.ch/data.zip
please let me know when it's downloaded.
jan

Phil.Strong
24 Feb 2012, 1:15 PM
I've downloaded it Jan.

Nothing in here too revealing but perhaps with a few more dumps I can see a pattern.

teedev
4 May 2012, 1:26 AM
I have 2 displays with Architect 2.0.0.412 on Windows 7. After turning one screen on and off and moving the Sencha Architect window arround, it not visible at the next start. After deleting "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Architect 2.0" the main window is there again.

Attached you find my settings from the AppData dir.

Phil.Strong
6 May 2012, 6:16 PM
teedev your a rockstar for saving theses settings. I'm going to do some sleuthing right now and I'll let you know what I find.

Phil.Strong
6 May 2012, 6:38 PM
Are you sure these are the settings before you deleted it? There wasn't much in there but maybe you hadn't used it much. Local storage settings don't seem to be the culprit in this case.

If you backed up the whole appData directory I'd love to see the whole thing. I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

teedev
6 May 2012, 11:02 PM
Hi Phil,

you are right: I haven't used Senche Archtect a lot. In my AppData dir I have these files:

libion-1.3.9.dll
qrc__0.localstorage
user.license
xds-2.0.0.000410.ion
xds-2.0.0.000412.ion

I think qrc__0.localstorage is the only interesting one. Attached you find a new zip file with the qrc__0.localstorage from my backup. I'am not 100% sure, that the first zip file is the right one. I hope it helps.

mpflaging
22 Aug 2014, 11:38 AM
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but this just happened to me and I fixed it by deleting everything in C:\Users\mpflaging\AppData\Local\Sencha\Sencha Architect 3.1

But I did back it up. See attached. I had to take out the file "xds-3.1.0.001851.ion" (57Mb) and the subdirs (23Mb) because your site does not allow files above 488.3 KB (and also fails silently if this is exceeded).