PDA

View Full Version : Command-line code generation?

azuroff
15 Feb 2012, 11:59 AM
Are there plans to include a command-line utility that can generate the final javascript files from the designer/<project> directory? Our build system checks out the entire source tree from SVN before building it, so I had to add the generated javascript files to source control so they'd be included in the build - and it's not a best practice to add generated files to source control.

With a command-line tool, I could add the javascript generation to the build process itself - just like I plan to do with the SDK tools (once I have a chance to learn them better)

aconran
21 Feb 2012, 6:54 PM
The code generation will probably not be abstracted into a command line tool as Sencha Designer 2 constantly has a working directory that always has the necessary parts for it to run.

A deployment tool to wrap up the app into a deployable state may occur down the line.

ipastine
24 Feb 2012, 1:27 AM
A command line deploy tool would be very helpful to automate a multi-step build process where Designer is just one part.

zmagyar
16 Oct 2013, 4:36 AM
Did it ever get into a realease? Or it's still sitting in the wish list?

aconran
16 Oct 2013, 1:35 PM
Did it ever get into a realease? Or it's still sitting in the wish list?

Still on the wish list... :(

zmagyar
27 Feb 2014, 12:05 PM
Is there any progress on this please? Slowly issues like this rules out Architect from our dev process. :(