PDA

View Full Version : Grid Custom Scrolling in 4.1

jonasby
16 Feb 2012, 5:56 AM
When 4.1 is released will it be possible to add custom styles for the scrollers of Grid Panels? I would guess not.

If not, what considerations are there in overriding the new ExtJS OS-native scrollbars with custom styled ones maintaining the ExtJS header & table scrolling functionality? (i.e. should I override methods (where in code?), write a grid plugin, a grid feature, etc?)

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
16 Feb 2012, 6:00 AM
The scrolling is the browser's native scrolling so if you want to style the scrollbars then you should be able to as you would on a normal div with scrollbars.

jonasby
16 Feb 2012, 6:06 AM
But when I apply overflow: hidden to the currently natively scrolled div and then add in custom-styled divs that perform scrolling functionality via JS, I assumed I would lose the connection to the ExtJs events that are scrolling the grid headers (in their separate div). Is this correct? Or is ExtJs listening to the offset of the table element instead, which would be ok?

mitchellsimoens
16 Feb 2012, 6:10 AM
There are scroll events that happen but Ext JS I don't think listens to any of them. Maybe for a feature but I still don't see why it would so if you want to do the scrolling via JS then just change the offset or use the scroller scroll methods.

dongryphon
23 Feb 2012, 1:26 AM
The grid listens to scroll events if you are using buffered rendering to know what portions of the grid are in view.