PDA

View Full Version : Needs support for folders, documentation, refactoring, roundtrip, template files, etc

interfasys
17 Feb 2012, 11:34 AM
I've just had a quick go at SD2 and here are the elements that I miss:

Way to add documentation to the project. Methods, variables, etc. With templates so that we can make them compatible with the documentation generator/compiler of our choice
Support for folders within each MVC type. Useful for larger projects
Roundtrip so that coders and designers can work with their tool of choice without having to copy and paste. Even if designers only work on views there is always a point where a major change needs to be done and it means doing the changes twice if the project lives in two different systems.
Refactoring (Maybe it's already there?)
Support for tpl and itemtpl in files for easy editing of larger templates
CSS designer, to be able to design a theme straight from the app. Pick a base colour, a few different shades and hit generate.
As it is, I see it as a nice mockup tool, but we wouldn't use it to write an app. It would save us time in generating stubs, making sure we're using the correct variables, etc.

aconran
17 Feb 2012, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised writing a full-blown application within the designer (minus css/design).

We have lots of improvements in the pipeline.

interfasys
17 Feb 2012, 11:49 AM
I'll give it a go for a small project. Is there a project importer of some sort where we could just give the path to the file repository and press "import"?

aconran
17 Feb 2012, 3:18 PM
No, there is no project importer (aside from prior Ext Designer projects)