PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Grid Scrolling

jay-bee
19 Feb 2012, 10:38 AM
Hi

I might be missing something obvious here but is there a way to create an Infinite Scrolling Grid through the designer?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks

aconran
20 Feb 2012, 7:28 AM
You can set the required configurations of verticalScrollerType and invalidateScrollerOnRefresh via quickset.

These currently are not in the property grid but look for coming support.

jay-bee
20 Feb 2012, 7:45 AM
Thanks for replying.

I think I get what you mean so I'll give it a try.

thanks

Peter Tierney
17 Jan 2013, 8:09 PM
Seems like a cryptic answer. What is quickset and how is it used? A more straight forward answer would be helpful.

filippo.ferrari
18 Jan 2013, 3:19 AM
"quickset" is the ability to add custom configuration property to a class.

You can write eg. "verticalScrollerType" in the search box in the config panel. if "verticalScrollerType" is a property managed by architect you can setup your value.

If you have no results means actually Architect can only add it as a custom property, you must click "Add" and then choose a type of property (Array, Boolean, Number) with a click on the icon on the left of your new "verticalScrollerType" config option.

Now yo can setup a value for your custom option.

Peter Tierney
18 Jan 2013, 4:29 AM
Thanks. Didn't realize that was called "quickset". Works just as you stated.

Peter Tierney
18 Jan 2013, 9:39 AM
Here is a helpful note for others if they come across this in the future.

Be sure the store's response totalProperty is populated with the count of the entire record set and not just the count of the returned subset. It won't scroll without the ability to calculate how many pages in total are in the complete record set.

ie. If total record set is 10000 records, totalProperty = 10000 not 200 returned in the paged data set.

filippo.ferrari
19 Jan 2013, 5:20 AM
Confirm!

Serverside I perform 2 queries:

A query with "count()" not limited to send back the total of records
A query with the data set I need to send back records

Both shares the where part.

Peter Tierney
20 Jan 2013, 8:55 PM
That's the way I am doing it, but I'm not fond of the idea of always having to do a count even when paging with no criteria change. I will probably play with the idea of having a separate AJAX call for the count that only gets called when criteria is changed. While the count in my prototype only takes 0.052 seconds, if I can only have that once every 10 requests, the total time is much smaller and should scale better.

This is all assuming the ability to populate the total count separate from the response of the paging requests.