PDA

View Full Version : Expected release date and Sencha Complete license coverage?

marc.fearby
19 Feb 2012, 4:26 PM
What is the rough timeframe for a release of the final Designer 2.0? Within a month or two at most or possibly longer than that? The reason I ask is that 1.2 crashes when clicking on a particular (and quite complex!) form I've designed that I've put a lot of time into but 2.0 does not, and so far things are looking good for the beta. The system I'm designing is still in development and won't be used in a production environment for another month, so if 2.0 isn't too far off, I'd like to start using it to continue development.

Also, does my company's Sencha Complete License (which expires in September) cover an automatic upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0?

Thanks.

aconran
20 Feb 2012, 7:20 AM
Marc - I've forwarded this to our product management that can answer this question. Most people are out of the office today due to the U.S. holiday, but you should get an answer tomorrow.

marc.fearby
20 Feb 2012, 2:23 PM
Thanks.

marc.fearby
28 Feb 2012, 1:48 PM
bump :-)

aconran
28 Feb 2012, 1:50 PM
We don't have any public release dates for the Designer 2.0 GA.

From the following FAQ
http://www.sencha.com/store/designer/

I purchased Sencha Complete, will I get an upgrade to Designer 2.0 went it comes out?

Yes, as long as your support is current at the time that the Designer 2.0 is released. You will receive Designer 2.0 at no additional cost.