PDA

View Full Version : Unable to establish internet connection to begin software registration - Windows inst

Zavel
19 Feb 2012, 4:47 PM
Hi, i am receiving this issue despite trying against a connection which is not behind a proxy server. I have also attempted to supply a valid proxy configuration on my alternative connection. Neither approach worked. The previous thread mentioned servers being down, and a work around of closing and re-opening the application to try again repeatedly, but this also did not work.

Please let me know your thoughts.

- Shane

aconran
20 Feb 2012, 8:06 AM
Shane when we initially released the beta a few of our authentication servers were being rejected and we had sticky sessions which triggered the above issue that you mentioned.

What version of windows are you running?

Zavel
20 Feb 2012, 2:44 PM
Hi, i'm running on windows 7 enterprise.

-Shane

Zavel
20 Feb 2012, 2:50 PM
Is there any way to renew my session with a machine that is responding? This also occurred on a spare apple machine several times, but after repeated attempts it was able to work. Unfortunately, I need to do this on my current windows 7 machine.

I might also mention here i tried this on a windows server 2008 R2 machine and it also failed (it was using a proxy configuration). My windows 7 enterprise attempts were tried on a connection which wasn't behind a proxy server.

- Shane

Zavel
20 Feb 2012, 6:50 PM
Attached is a screenshot:

Zavel
20 Feb 2012, 8:10 PM
I restarted my machine and was able to register and continue the installation on the windows 7 enterprise machine. This is not ideal but it will have to do, given that it still doesn't work on the windows server 2008 machine.

I am now confronted by another issue - i have copied the solution across from the apple machine i was working on to this windows machine but when i try to open the solution sencha designer doesn't seem to populate any of the solution structure.. the controllers, views, stores, etc are all empty. It doesn't seem to have loaded anything.

I would have thought the xds file is interoperable given it only contains json. Please let me know if there is some manual step i need to follow for this to work? Any possible work arounds?

Also another issue. My solution on the apple machine - when i do almost anything (ie, change an ID / any othe property, or remove a control), the entire contents of the design view will dissapear. Sometimes, changing an unrelated property will result in all the contents reappearing, only to dissapear again when something else changes.
Sometimes the contents will not return at all. Any thoughts on this?

- Shane

aconran
21 Feb 2012, 10:18 AM
I restarted my machine and was able to register and continue the installation on the windows 7 enterprise machine. This is not ideal but it will have to do, given that it still doesn't work on the windows server 2008 machine.

We have not tested this on Windows Server. We will take a look and see waht the problem may be.

I've replied to your other concerns in separate threads. The projects are compatible in between operating systems but you need to make sure you bring the entire project over.

Phil.Strong
22 Feb 2012, 11:59 AM
Also another issue. My solution on the apple machine - when i do almost anything (ie, change an ID / any othe property, or remove a control), the entire contents of the design view will dissapear. Sometimes, changing an unrelated property will result in all the contents reappearing, only to dissapear again when something else changes.
Sometimes the contents will not return at all. Any thoughts on this?

This sounds like an error is occurring if you can share a simple project that recreates this issue we can get to the bottom of the bug and fix it.

johnkelleher
29 Apr 2012, 5:07 PM
I have encountered the same problem

I am behind a proxy at my company. Entering the Proxy details manually does not work.

My details:

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Downloaded and installed SenchaArchitect-2.0.0.exe for windows

I am very interested in using this product and doing a POC for my company with the aim of using this tool across a wide number of teams.

Please let me know if there are any workarounds for this issue.

Thanks
John

Zavel
29 Apr 2012, 5:24 PM
Mine didn't work for some time, and when advised that Sencha's servers were no longer an issue it continued to fail despite terminating the process, until I restarted my machine.

johnkelleher
29 Apr 2012, 6:06 PM
Thanks Zavel for the quick reply.

I re-ran the installation on a different PC (also running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3) . I restarted that PC straight after installing SenchaArchitect-2.0.0.exe but I still receive the error.

I have tested this on both our internal LAN and Wifi connections with no luck.

I will continue to investigate if this is an issue on my side. I use many applications that require Internet connection for registration and they do not have any issue finding my internet connections

On a side note the retry link on the error page does not give the user any feed back and I don't know if clicking on the link is actually doing anything.

Thanks
John

Phil.Strong
1 May 2012, 5:24 AM
Try to remove the appData directory

johnkelleher
2 May 2012, 5:39 PM
Hi Phil

Deleting the Sencha folder in the appData directory did not resolve the issue.

Thanks
John

Phil.Strong
4 May 2012, 7:18 AM
Forgot to say you'd need to reinstall after the removal of the appData directory but I suspect you already knew did that.

A firewall?