PDA

View Full Version : Deploy Path and Sencha Touch Library Path are not being saved

luiscortes
20 Feb 2012, 10:43 AM
I am not sure what the issue(s) is/are here. It seems that on Linux, the latest Sencha Designer does not save your project's settings correctly. There are several issues, but I don't if they are just symptoms of a cascading problem.

1. The project file (xds) is normally saved as undefined.xds
2. On startup it has a "recently used" project called by the name you gave it, but clicking on it never opens it up.
3. Renaming your undefined.xds to the name of your project dot xds, doesn't help problem 2.
4. Saving does not save all project settings like "deploy path, etc" in your renamed xds file (even though that is the project you opened).

mitchellsimoens
20 Feb 2012, 11:08 AM
Would you like me to move this to the bugs forum for Designer?

luiscortes
20 Feb 2012, 11:12 AM
yes please. Thanks.

aconran
21 Feb 2012, 8:36 AM
Could you provide a consistent set of steps you can use to reproduce the problem? Any specific distribution etc as well would be helpful

luiscortes
21 Feb 2012, 9:30 AM
I am running archbang linux, 32 bit in a virtualbox vm. If you have a list of supported Linux distros, I will be happy to create a vm with one of those and see if I can reproduce the problem on it.

Steps to reproduce the undefined.xds problem:
1. create a new project
2. save it as "test2"
3. goto directory test2 and notice that your xds is called undefined.xds

Steps to reproduce missing properties:
1. start sencha designer
2. click continue trial
3. click open sencha touch 2.0.x
4. click main "save" icon
5. type test5 click save
6. close sencha designer
7. in terminal window, cd to test5
8. mv undefined.xds to test5.xds
9. open sencha designer again
10 click continue trial
11. click open another project
12 click on test5.xds
13. click on settings
14. BROWSE in deploy path: /home/luis/other
15. hit save button

(sometimes you get an Unexpected error occurred message )
in the box it will say
TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

ignore, restart, Exit Designer

Phil.Strong
22 Feb 2012, 11:56 AM
I can't recreate these issues but I'm not using archbang. Ubuntu is the most well tested 11.04 is known to work for both 32 and 64 bit. Though we also support other versions of Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, CentOS.