PDA

View Full Version : Collection of issues

bseddon
20 Feb 2012, 2:03 PM
These comments are made based on observations using build 288 on Windows 7. I don't know whether these should be reported separately or together so I'm lumping them together.

'Missing store' messages

I see missing store messages when deploying (see screenshot). The messages started appearing after I renamed my stores. The dropdown lists associated with components bound to a store still refer to the old store name and new name must be typed in.

A possibly related issue is DSGNR-1305 which was reported as fixed earlier in Feb. Maybe this fix is not yet released.

Design surface messed up

You will see in the next two screenshots the design view does not display correctly. Sometimes it does, most times it does not. The xda file is attached. On opening the file I find it displays the initial viewport correctly. However if I select the successive (and nested) views the display become 'confused'.

Keyword 'return' flagged as an error in a function's body

If the keyword 'return' is used in a function body the code editor (which is generally very good by the way) is flagged as an error. The error complains that 'return' cannot be used when not in a function. From the point of view of the code editor, the code edited may not appear to be a function even though, in the context of the application, it is.

lorezyra
20 Feb 2012, 6:31 PM
Your photos.xds appears empty...

bseddon
21 Feb 2012, 4:09 AM
OK. The .xds file contains an overview of the project so I've uploaded a zip containing the whole project folder.

Updates to the previous post.

I discovered the problem causing warning messages when deploying the application was because the 'storeId' property was unchanged. That is, although I'd changed the name of the store the 'storeId' still referenced the old name. Changing this property to the new store name solved the problem.

The image below shows a sequence of screenshots as I click on nodes in the project explorer. There are 7 screenshots which show an absolutely reproducible pattern.

1) The display starts out OK and shows the viewport.
2) The linked tree panel is selected and appears OK
3) The linked data view is selected and appear OK
4) The treeview implementation is selected and things start to go wrong
5) Reselected the viewport node and its a mess
6) Select the data view implementation node and it look wrong but...
7) Select the treeview implementation node and everything displays correctly again

And this pattern repeats over and over.

Note that I followed the sequence of the nodes in the project explorer. But I could have gone out of sequence and seen the same effect. For example, instead of selecting the treeview implementation first (to see the display problem) and then the dataview implementation (to correct it) I could have selected the dataview implementation first to see the problem and then the treeview implementation to correct it.

It seems there is a problem that the display is alternately in a mode where it will display correctly and then not.

The image is not this small. Its really 670x2100 so click here (http://s3downloads.lyquidity.com/ExtJS/Display example.png) to see full size.

CaliLuke
21 Feb 2012, 11:39 AM
Could you please post each problem in a different message? It's very hard for us to work with multiple reports in the same message.

Thank you!

aconran
21 Feb 2012, 11:50 AM
Out of the three key issues, Stores and Code Editor we are already aware of and have tickets correcting internally.

This thread can be consolidated just to the tree/linked instance issue that you are encountering with the Design canvas.

bseddon
21 Feb 2012, 11:59 AM
With respect, no. You have the information. You can make use of it or not as you see fit. My time is limited and I do the best to report issues I find. You however, as a product manager, have the responsibility and time to use information at your disposal to make your product the best it can be, just as I take that responsibility for my own products.