PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Deploy hangs - when extra files are added to the solution directory

Zavel
21 Feb 2012, 7:28 PM
I added the builds folder within a touch folder, within my solution directory. When i press deploy, it hangs for many minutes (i didn't wait longer). Removing the touch folder resolved this. Is it trying to deploy all contents in sub folders? It was only about 10mb - so shouldn't really have been the problem. It was hanging for many minutes. Within the touch folder i also had CustomControls folder, with a custom control defined.

- Shane

aconran
21 Feb 2012, 8:46 PM
It should copy everything there. As long as there were no symlinks or anything crazy I can't imagine what the issue is. Regardless, we can take a look into it.

Zavel
22 Feb 2012, 3:12 PM
I checked a few things and transfer rates were likely the issue.

It might be useful to have a progress dialog or output section in designer

Thanks,
Shane

Zavel
22 Feb 2012, 3:34 PM
While on this topic:

Strange observation: deployment wasn't occurring when clicking deployment, and it turned out the deployment path which is a network drive "\\machine\c$\...", the slashes had actually switched to "/" ("//machine/c$/...", and it therefore couldn't find the target location.

- Shane

Phil.Strong
23 Feb 2012, 9:13 AM
yes Qt uses forward slashes to normalize between platform ... not sure if we support UNC paths
@jnicholls would know

Phil.Strong
23 Feb 2012, 9:15 AM
Can you mount that path as a drive and try that?