PDA

View Full Version : Row Editor Grid in Designer checkcolumn

toole1
23 Feb 2012, 8:23 AM
Is there a way to create a checkbox column using designer? I have the plugin there, but I can't set the xtype on the column to checkbox. Am I missing something? Would it be possible to change the xtype on an event? The current column type is gridcolumn. I also tried using a booleancolumn, but that didn't work either. I am trying to use the new designer to do most of the project, like I did with the old designer, so the design can be easily maintained in the future.

Phil.Strong
24 Feb 2012, 9:15 AM
Did you try adding a checkbox selection model?

toole1
24 Feb 2012, 9:34 AM
Yes, that only lets me select a line and does not work the way the the example for a row selector grid does with the checkcolumn model. I just can't figure out how to get this to work inside the new designer.

toole1
28 Feb 2012, 9:02 AM
I have data coming from the server sending back 1 or 0 and the model field defined as boolean. When I run with the column setup as a gridcolumn it shows the words 'true' or 'false'. If I manually change the ui.js file with the the grid column definition and make the xtype 'checkcolumn' the column is just blank. When I add a checkbox selection model, I just get a column before the others that is a checkbox with all the values unchecked. My column that is tied to the data is still there, but works as described above. Can I tie the checkbox selection model column to incoming data? Am I missing something else? Why isn't checkcolumn one of the choices for a grid column type?

toole1
7 Mar 2012, 4:47 AM
Will Check Column be included as a grid column type in the final release of Designer 2?

marc.fearby
13 Mar 2012, 3:31 PM
I'm trying to do the ol' "booleancolumn" search and replace switcheroo to "checkcolumn" but I can't see any checkboxes. I'm hoping for a checkbox column inclusion in Designer 2.0 or Ext JS 4.1, whichever (one that isn't a UX).

Phil.Strong
13 Mar 2012, 9:37 PM
checkbox selection model?

toole1
14 Mar 2012, 3:39 AM
The Checkbox selection model works great to select a record, but what if I have a field that is a boolean and I want it to display as a checkbox that is selected or not selected? Checkbox selection model does not work for this and there is a checkcolumn xtype ui. The checkcolumn is even used in an example on the ExtJS site as a field in the Row Editing Grid Example. Any ideas on how to add this xtype in when using the designer to do a project?

aconran
14 Mar 2012, 8:06 AM
toole1 -

We currently do not support visually designing with (3rd party) user extensions. You are welcome to include these additional files in your project and instantiate instances of them via overrides. However, any components which are built within designer and saved to toolbox will be able to be re-used.

We have plans to support the visual design editing of 3rd party components in the future, post GA.

Note: 3rd party user extensions can include extensions to the library that we have written and are in the examples directory but are NOT a proper part of the library standard.

toole1
14 Mar 2012, 11:49 AM
aconran- Would you have an example of how to do this with the new designer structure? With the changes 3 to 4 ExtJS changes and the Designer changes, I would appreciate a little help. Thanks in advance.

aconran
15 Mar 2012, 6:55 AM
toole1 -

We are currently accumulating a list of docs/things we need to show to users; I've added this to the list (integrating 3rd party components via an override).

CRH
12 Sep 2012, 6:08 AM
I followed the steps in the second to last post in this thread...

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?198732-How-can-I-add-a-checkcolumn-to-a-grid-in-Architect-2&highlight=CheckColumn

I (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?198732-How-can-I-add-a-checkcolumn-to-a-grid-in-Architect-2&highlight=CheckColumn)n addition you need to add CheckHeader.css to the Resources in Architect, add the unchecked/checked images, add Controller Action to listen to the checkchange etc etc

It all works and I don't need to modify the code in an editor after, ie I can erase the deploy directory and just clicking the deploy is sufficient. Hope that is useful.