PDA

View Full Version : Will the processing URL for SvgExporter/ImageExporter remain locked to svg.sencha.io?

Curtis Fletcher
23 Feb 2012, 8:32 AM
I've just traced through the code for Ext.chart.Chart.save() and found that ultimately the SVG is posted to a hard-coded URL at svg.sencha.io obviously this is completely unworkable for a commercial application so I was wondering if there was any intention to make the conversion-server configurable before the release of Ext 4.1? Obviously I can override Ext.draw.engine.ImageExporter and use something like ImageMagick to convert server-side but I was wondering if there was going to be a official solution that didn't involve sending client graph data to Sencha?

mitchellsimoens
23 Feb 2012, 8:37 AM
The converting has to be done on the server.

Curtis Fletcher
23 Feb 2012, 8:58 AM
I understand that it has to be done on a server. What I was asking is will Ext 4.1 enforce that you must use svg.sencha.io (Without overriding private objects) as it currently does in B3

stimpy
14 May 2012, 6:59 AM
Whoa !!

Could we get some official followup on the issue here please ?

1.) Why is there no notification that the "save" method involves data being posted directly to sencha? This should be noted in bold letters in both the docs and the example.

2.) How can the the save method be configured to do something other then post to sencha ? Is a direct override or a hand edit of the code the only option ?

3.) Are there any other methods that are hard coded this way ?

4.) Should using Sencha's processor be an option ( which it is not in my case ) , where can a copy of Sencha's data retention policy and privacy policy be found ?

Daniil
27 Feb 2014, 10:31 PM
We have created our own endpoint as an alternative of "svg.sencha.io".

The only thing required to use it is this piece of JavaScript code:

Ext.draw.engine.ImageExporter.defaultUrl = "http://svg.ext.net";

More details are here:
forums.ext.net/showthread.php?28195