PDA

View Full Version : SDK 2 - Windows - first attempt

svenna
23 Feb 2012, 8:54 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to use the SDK for the first time. using the new 2.0 beta on windows.
I'm trying to follow the native android packaging guide, but when running the sencha command i do not get any output in cmd, no package in the output dir, and no app starting in the android emulator.

I guess there is something wrong with my config file, or app layout. But should there be an error message? Or is there a debug mode for the sdk, or error log somewhere?

I really don't know where to start debugging my own setup.

In the new blog about Touch 2 RC, there is a nice video on iOS packaging on MacOS. The where can I find the sample app in the sdk? They do not seem to be part of the windows installation.

Is there any documentation, feature list for the SDK?

mitchellsimoens
23 Feb 2012, 8:57 AM
You can get a list of available options if you type

sencha

For each command you can get help by doing:

sencha help COMMAND

For example:

sencha help create jsb

svenna
23 Feb 2012, 9:01 AM
Thanks.

How about error messages/logs?

In the video sencha gives 2 lines of confirmation output, should it output failure/success on windows?

mitchellsimoens
23 Feb 2012, 9:04 AM
If there are any JS errors, they are usually printed out.

Nom4d3
27 Feb 2012, 3:45 AM
I have the same problem. No output and the jsb3 file is not created.
I'm digging here to find something wrong, but no luck yet.

abe.elias
27 Feb 2012, 4:52 PM
I'm trying to follow the native android packaging guide, but when running the sencha command i do not get any output in cmd, no package in the output dir, and no app starting in the android emulator.

I guess there is something wrong with my config file.

Can you post your config file? Also make sure you have JDK1.7 and $JDK\bin in your path. You'll also need the Android SDK installed. This guide should help:

http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/guide/native_android

The where can I find the sample app in the sdk? They do not seem to be part of the windows installation.

it's in examples\device\

Is there any documentation, feature list for the SDK?

Here are a list of the currently supported API's:
http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/guide/native_apis

steffen.werner
7 Mar 2012, 2:50 AM
When running the latest version on windows via

sencha create jsb -a index.html -p app.jsb3

I get several empty lines printed but nothing else happens

richgoldmd
8 Mar 2012, 7:00 AM
This seems to be the general experience on Windows. There is another thread also. No output at all from the create jsb command. Hopefully this can be resolved quickly....

-Rich