PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Exception when drawing arrow links

froamer
1 Mar 2012, 11:51 PM
Hi, I was working on a new project and I added a search field to a toolbar. I decided against it and deleted the search field, however it was still visible in the design area. I then got the error "TypeError: 'null' is not an object".

Looking at the Project Inspector the line from MyNestedList2 instance to CategoryList is no longer joining them together, but shoots off the top of the screen...

The broken project is attached for reference, there is nothing valuable in the project I just hope it helps locate the bug.

aconran
2 Mar 2012, 9:53 AM
Interesting. Could you give us any background about what you done in regard to promoting any classes and/or dragging dropping components and selecting link?

jschwartz73
9 Mar 2012, 7:14 AM
I am having the same problem and it is preventing me from finishing my application.

I can repeat the process every time. I figured it was easier to show you the error so I did a quick 2minute screencast to demonstrate.

http://screencast.com/t/axTA4LHG4LkU

A few things I didn't show during the video that might be important.

* The ChannelList is linked to the MainViewTablet with no problems.
* The ChannelList code

Ext.define('i911Mobile.view.ChannelList', {
extend: 'Ext.dataview.List',
alias: 'widget.channellist',

config: {
layout: {
type: 'fit'
},
store: 'OfflineChannels',
allowDeselect: 'true',
itemTpl: [
'<span class="channelFilter">',
'<div class="channelCheckbox {show}"> &nbsp;</div>',
'<div class="channelName">{channelName}</div>',
'</span>'
]
}

});

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schwartz

aconran
9 Mar 2012, 10:11 AM
Jeff -

Thanks for the video, definitely a huge help seeing what the problem is.

Would you be able to privately share an archive of the project with our team at designer.feedback at sencha.com?

jschwartz73
9 Mar 2012, 10:44 AM
I just sent the email.

Also, I tested it on the latest build 311, and the error is still happening.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schwartz

aconran
9 Mar 2012, 11:04 AM
Jeff -

Thanks for the test case, it's helped us isolate a bug in the drawing of the arrow linking.

The bug that is occurring is that channellist has been linked to two places. We are trying to link to a node which has not been created yet. In the interim if you expand out the "ChannelFilterViewTablet" view it will not cause this error.

aconran
9 Mar 2012, 11:12 AM
Fixed in build > 311.