PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Critical interference with .svn folders

gatherworks
2 Mar 2012, 2:00 AM
We using SVN for source control and found a critical issue with Designer and interoperating with SVN (and maybe other source control systems).

I discovered this issue when I changed the project with Designer, but the XDS file did not change and there was nothing new to check into SVN. This was an immediate red flag.

Details:
When saving a designer file to a folder, much of the details are split into separate files in subfolders and stored in a folder named .metadata. Without these designer cannot recreate the project. No problem... I hope it is documented somewhere though.

Now check the .metadata folder into SVN as it is critical to the project. No problem. SVN creates a .svn hidden folder in each subfolder to track details related to source control.

The problem starts when you edit the project with designer and save it back again. Designer recreates the entire .metadata folder structure and wipes all .svn folders. The result is that the .metadata folders are not synced with SVN anymore. What is worse is that nothing is reported to the user by SVN.

I hope that this critical issue is resolved soon as the designer files are not in SVN and putting the project at risk. It also makes it impossible for multiple developers to work on the same project.

aconran
2 Mar 2012, 8:59 AM
This was reported here:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?182997

It is being tracked as DSGNR-1452 and the fix has already been applied to our repository. It will be out in the next build.

gatherworks
2 Mar 2012, 9:10 AM
Thanks! It would be nice if there was a way to search these forums. That way I can search for a duplicate issue first and not waste your time with reporting the same issues again.

When is the next release expected as it is hampering our evaluation?

aconran
2 Mar 2012, 9:13 AM
Unofficially we've been doing weekly wednesday releases. This week has been the first week that we've skipped due to the fact that we are making a few changes within the code base that we want to make sure goes out all at the same time.

For more info re: new changes:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?184095-Breaking-changes-regarding-Code-Editing-Build-gt-298