PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Missing pluginId configuration in plugins

richard.harrison
2 Mar 2012, 12:56 PM
I have a grid with a row editing plugin...let's call it "rowEditing". I have added a button to invoke an insert of a record to the bound store. If I were to use the code from the examples, I would add something like:

rowEditing.cancelEdit();

// Create a record instance through the ModelManager
var r = Ext.ModelManager.create({
name: 'New Guy',
}, 'Employee');

store.insert(0, r);
rowEditing.startEdit(0, 0);

My question is how do I get a reference to "rowEditing"? I know how to do this via code, but I can't quite figure out what steps I take in the IDE to get to this point. Am I to "Promote to Class"? If so, how do I finish wiring it up?

Very confused. Thank you for any support you can provide.

aconran
2 Mar 2012, 2:34 PM
Richard -

Thanks for posting this because its brought a bug to our attention. All plugins should be able to specify a pluginId. Once you have specified a pluginId you should be able to retrieve the plugin via

component.getPlugin(pluginId)

Thanks,

richard.harrison
4 Mar 2012, 8:53 AM
Aaron -

Are you saying that the IDE has a limitation that prevents me from specifying a pluginId that I can reference in code? I'm not sure I fully understand the nature of the bug.

Also, do you know roughly how long it takes to go from bug identification to a new iteration of the IDE with the fix?

Many thanks!

bharatn
4 Mar 2012, 11:03 PM
Hi Richard,

The fix should be available in the next update which i believe should be roughly mid week.

In the meantime you should be able to add a custom config. Select the plugin in the inspector and add a new property (pluginId: 'id1') in the search field above configurations and click on Add.
Regards