PDA

View Full Version : auto models?

predator
6 Mar 2012, 11:12 PM
Maybe there is something already.. my designer is failing to load data trough direct proxy unfortunately (although configured properly and works in browser) even the load data menu is grayed out.

But I have this question: Isn't it going to be useful if designer gives you option to convert loaded data into model entries that you can just edit later. Sometimes I pull very large data rows from sql, I spend time designing the database.. why should I spend more time into typing all those column names in designer. This should be fairly ease to do.

As i said.. maybe is already there... Cannot say for sure.. direct store does not even try to load data.

Thanks

aconran
7 Mar 2012, 6:41 AM
We do have this slated as a feature request re: "auto models".

The direct bug I believe will be fixed in our next auto-update. Please verify again after the update goes out >= 309.

stever
9 Mar 2012, 3:04 PM
We do have this slated as a feature request re: "auto models".

The direct bug I believe will be fixed in our next auto-update. Please verify again after the update goes out >= 309.

I had created a simple Designer based Grid example with a DirectStore to extoll the virtues of Sencha, and ran into the same problem. I updated to v309 today and the problem still exits -- the "Load Data" menu item is grayed out.

bharatn
9 Mar 2012, 5:43 PM
Hi, Do you have correct setting for 'Ext Direct API' in project settings?

Are you getting a ack message on project open - 'Successfully updated Ext Direct API'.
That is necessary for the load menu to be enabled.

stever
9 Mar 2012, 6:19 PM
Hi, Do you have correct setting for 'Ext Direct API' in project settings?

Are you getting a back message on project open - 'Successfully updated Ext Direct API'.
That is necessary for the load menu to be enabled.

Yes I see that message: 'Successfully updated Ext Direct API'. Still doesn't work as seen in the attached image:

bharatn
9 Mar 2012, 6:26 PM
Thanks. Is directFn configured in the direct proxy and is a valid function selected from the api and not a string?

stever
9 Mar 2012, 9:11 PM
Thanks. Is directFn configured in the direct proxy and is a valid function selected from the api and not a string?

Ah... I was trying to use the "api" property, not the directFn. DirectFn gets the "load data" menu to show, and I can load it. But the grid does not seem to load any data. Should it? I was expecting it to anyway...

bharatn
9 Mar 2012, 9:30 PM
yes the grid should show data. The columns on grid and store or model needs to match. You can auto column on grid to match.

stever
9 Mar 2012, 9:43 PM
Unfortunately, I saved, then reloaded and it doesn't show the "load data" thing again. This is with directFn correctly set (using the popup menu of function that it found via the directapi call -- nice touch).

stever
9 Mar 2012, 9:49 PM
yes the grid should show data. The columns on grid and store or model needs to match. You can auto column on grid to match.

"auto column" is very cool! I hadn't seen that! Still not seeing data... I wish I could see the traffic going back and forth.. maybe I can log on the server side...

bharatn
9 Mar 2012, 10:02 PM
ok, try this - set store autoLoad to true.

This time just to be clean restart Designer. Check the message 'Successfully updated Ext Direct API' shows up on opening the project. See if the data loads in store(eye) and shows on grid - you dont have load via menu since autoLoad is set.