PDA

View Full Version : Override files get overwritten

JeromeA
8 Mar 2012, 7:23 AM
I thought I understand that with the last version of the sencha editor (2.0.0. build 309) my override files wouldn't be overwritten by the editor. It seems they are. If I use an external text editor to change the files and save it, and then go back to the sencha editor and save the project, the changes I made with my external text editor are lost.

is that normal? or are the override files can only be edited in sencha editor?

thanks

ssamayoa
8 Mar 2012, 7:53 AM
AFAIK Designer can load modified files when you open the project but cant see changes made by external tools until project is loaded again.

I suggest you to only change Ext/Touch code with Designer for now, concurrent editing is unsupported for now.

Regards.

JeromeA
8 Mar 2012, 7:57 AM
ok, I understand, just made the test and that is true.
thanks for your quick answer

aconran
8 Mar 2012, 8:19 AM
AFAIK Designer can load modified files when you open the project but cant see changes made by external tools until project is loaded again.

Confirmed.

bogc
15 Oct 2012, 3:22 PM
Version 2.1.0 build 640

I have the same problem. Basically, I modify manually the override class using another editor, but when I save the project in SA, the file gets overwritten. Why is SA touching the file at all if it's already there?

Is this normal? Was this supposed to be fixed in version 2.10?

Thanks

aconran
18 Oct 2012, 2:50 PM
Yes, this is "normal" as in its how it works currently. No, it's not "normal" as in we know we want to improve how this works. Architect 2.2 monitors the file system and will prompt you to reload files as they change.