PDA

View Full Version : Ext.flickr.Viewer

Animal
20 Nov 2007, 4:29 AM
An implementation of a search and view facility for Flickr. The class extends Ext.Panel so it can be dumped into any Ext Container and just work.

It offers searching, paging view of the results, and automatic page size adjustment when the viewable area resizes.

Right click on any thumbnail image offers image and owner details, and the ability to view the available larger resolution images in another tab. Also, for search results, the right click dialog offers to go to the photo's source photoset, or if not in a photoset, to the public photos of the photo owner - again in another tab.

Eventually, the first, non-closable tab will contain some useful content and functionality.

I've been finding photo browsing using this widget more satisfying than using Flickr's website.

The app attempts to showcase Ext's capabilities using a Viewport, layout, a TabPanel with dynamically added tabs, popup windows, Ajax, progress bars etc.

Any comments and suggestions welcome.

I'll update this post with new versions as I progress it.

The two files should just drop into examples/view and work.

Example:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p286/TimeTrialAnimal/flickr.jpg

bluethinking
20 Nov 2007, 6:57 PM
nice job!
but it can't work well in IE6.

Error:
=========================
row:236
error:'Ext.flickr.Viewer' is null or not an object

potdarko
20 Nov 2007, 8:05 PM
HEllo,

Ty Animal for this :).

To get it to work on IE6, i had to remove 3 extra commas ',' from the file flickr.js at the end of lines:

403: }, ['id', 'owner', 'secret', 'server', 'farm', 'title', 'ispublic', 'isfriend', 'isfamily']),
445: }, ['id', 'owner', 'secret', 'server', 'farm', 'title', 'ispublic', 'isfriend', 'isfamily']),
593: }, ['id', 'owner', 'secret', 'server', 'farm', 'title', 'ispublic', 'isfriend', 'isfamily']),

Animal
21 Nov 2007, 12:36 AM
Ah, a classic mistake! Just shows I never use IE!

Thanks, I'll update it.

Animal
21 Nov 2007, 12:41 AM
Actually, it's not a Flickr viewer any more. I've been looking at the YAHOO search APIs. They can utilize JSON with a callback too. They just slot right into an Ext Store/DataView combo with very little coding.

Google's API is a bit more involved. They seem to want to force you to use their JS objects rather than just publishing the details of how to call their service. I'll keep looking into that.

stever
28 Dec 2007, 4:58 PM
I'm playing around with this right now, is it the latest version? How is the yahoo/google part going? It looks fantastic

Animal
29 Dec 2007, 3:26 AM
The zip file in the first post should be the latest version. It should have two buttons in the west region, one to search Flickr and one to search YAHOO.

The Google image search seems too involved to be very useful. It's not just a published HTTP API, it's a javascript API which you must use. It doesn't seem very flexible.

galdaka
29 Dec 2007, 8:43 AM
Hi,

I download the demo and not work in IE6. (line 872 error)

In FF2 I view the interface but not opens any photos.

Thanks in advance,

jackcrystal
27 Mar 2008, 12:19 AM
how can we show igoogle widget? Please help.

The zip file in the first post should be the latest version. It should have two buttons in the west region, one to search Flickr and one to search YAHOO.

The Google image search seems too involved to be very useful. It's not just a published HTTP API, it's a javascript API which you must use. It doesn't seem very flexible.

robboerman
27 May 2008, 2:36 AM
Hi Animal,

I am unable to unpack your zipfile, I have tried winrar, gunzip, unzip (linux). Nothing works, Can you tell me how you packed it and how I can extract it?

Cheers,
Rob

Animal
27 May 2008, 2:52 AM
I used WinZip. I just opened it from the above posting with WinZip and it worked.