PDA

View Full Version : "Deploy" won't overwrite a previous version in the deploy directory

jpwible
14 Mar 2012, 1:32 PM
"Deploy" will not export the current version of my project if there are any files in the deploy directory. While this safeguards against overwriting previous work, it greatly complicates the process of pushing out the most recent version of my app. Is this expected?

Build 311

Phil.Strong
15 Mar 2012, 6:50 AM
Looking into this

Phil.Strong
15 Mar 2012, 6:54 AM
I need more detail. This is not the case in OS X, what OS are you using?

Are the files marked as read only?

Phil.Strong
15 Mar 2012, 7:12 AM
Note that in the next version we will at least report when a failure to copy occurs though not why just yet.

jpwible
15 Mar 2012, 9:30 AM
Windows XP SP3

jpwible
15 Mar 2012, 9:33 AM
Looking into myself as well, I believe it is an issue with exporting where the project files are inside source control, and the deploy directory is not. The exported files being labeled as read-only. So it may be on my end, I'll reply with an update.

jpwible
15 Mar 2012, 12:04 PM
Looks like I was running into this issue:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?186910-sencha-app-build-copies-.svn-files

Eagerly awaiting the ability to exclude files from deployment.

Phil.Strong
20 Mar 2012, 1:12 PM
At the moment when you run deploy it simply does a recursive file copy from project directory to deploy directory (minus project file and metadata dir). It doesn't filter out anything else.

That being said soon enough deploy will likely use the SDK tools to build and deploy your application. Any updates to them by Jacky and the team will be taken advantage of by Designer.