PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] The override class was not serialized in metadata folder

metas
22 Mar 2012, 10:33 PM
Hi people,

I'm using Designer2.0.0 Buid 311.

Why don't Designer2 serialize override classes in metadata folder? The other teammates in our project cannot see it.

Should it be put into svn for the generated stuff?

In my project, we only have .xds and metadata shared in svn.
The other resource generated by designer2 are added into svn's ignore list.

Thanks,
Metas

aconran
23 Mar 2012, 5:24 AM
Why don't Designer2 serialize override classes in metadata folder? The other teammates in our project cannot see it.

Should it be put into svn for the generated stuff?

This is by design. It enables people who would like to use a different text editor at times w/o the benefit of Designer to easily interface with it.

I would check in both the generated code and the metadata.

I can see how you would want this but its not how it currently works.

Phil.Strong
26 Mar 2012, 8:12 PM
Yes note that when creating new projects now Designer forces a new folder to be created. the entire folder should be checked into source control. This along w/ many other reasons is why we made the metadata folder "not hidden" (.metadata/ -> metadata/). It's the source of your project along w/ the generated code.

metas
27 Mar 2012, 1:05 AM
I could move folder "override" to my folder which distinguished from generated. A minor change should be made:
Ext.Loader.setConfig({ enabled: true, paths: { 'Extention': 'js' }});Ext.application({ requires: [ 'My override']....Thanks,Metas