PDA

View Full Version : [2.x ] Update check

lorezyra
26 Mar 2012, 1:09 AM
Build 298. Has no "check for updates" option under help. Should really have the ability to have Designer check for an updated version of itself.

Phil.Strong
26 Mar 2012, 7:51 PM
woah why are you on 298, 341 is the latest. Are you behind a firewall? It doesn't prompt you to update on startup?

lorezyra
28 Mar 2012, 12:18 AM
True... I haven't updated in quite some time... However, even the latest version doesn't have an option to check for a new version in the help menu. I had to shutdown the program twice before it recongized a new version and offered to download it.

There should be an option in the help menu to check for new version of the Designer...

(and, yes, I am behind a firewall)

lorezyra
17 Apr 2012, 5:21 PM
Any chance you guys would consider adding this menu option to the latest version?
Help -> "Check for update"

aconran
17 Apr 2012, 11:39 PM
lorezyra -

The application will automatically check for an update when it launches. You can also see the status of the last build we put out on the changelog page.

Do you just want this so that you can update the application without quitting/restarting it?

lorezyra
18 Apr 2012, 12:02 AM
Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: Many commonly used apps offer a method to manually check for an update. Most web broswers do this. Sometimes, I might leave my IDE open for days while I develop an application. Dreamweaver, for example, I would have open almostly indefinitely. Many of my projects take a long time to load. I don't want to close & reopen the app just to see if there's an update available. Firefox has an option to check and download available updates while using it. They don't require you to restart the app just to _check_ for an update.

aconran
18 Apr 2012, 12:05 AM
Yup, we'll take it into consideration. Just wanted to clarify what you were looking for.