PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Problem with modifying region of panels in window with border layout

siebe vos
28 Mar 2012, 7:14 AM
Problem:
Problem with modifying region of panels in window with border layout

Version:
Sencha Designer 2.0.0 Build 341

Reproduce:
Choose a Window, set its layout property to 'border'. Drop two panels in this window (first gets 'center' and the second 'west' region). Try to set the second panels 'west' region property to 'north'. I get an error message An unexpected error occured, description: "TypeError: 'null' is not an object. The same is for any change for the region. I would be very conveniend if you could flip the center region between the two panels, so you don't have to think about what is the first panel you put in the window.

Thanks for looking into this!

Bye,

Siebe Vos

aconran
28 Mar 2012, 8:57 AM
I cannot reproduce this. Does it happen every time?

Any more details you can give us?

siebe vos
28 Mar 2012, 11:54 AM
Hi Aaron,

Yes all the time. I replayed it several times. Here some detail info (for what its worth).
I run on Windows 7 32 bit. This morning I received a message that a new version was available. After acknowledge it downloaded automatically and succesfully. I never tried the Sencha Designer before. I always used Ext Designer 1.2 (which also had some bugs with the layout managers, so I thought I try the new version).

What do I do:
I start up Sencha Designer 2
Click continue trail
Choose new Projects, link ExtJS 4.0x: The design screen appears
Select Views
Drop a Window on the canvas
Set its layout property to border (canvas shows: please add the required "center" region)
Drop a panel on the window (canvas)
Drop another panel on the Project inspector MyWindow icon (Two panels are shown, west and center)
When I change the region property of the last (west) panel to north I get the error message.

I also found out that when after I set the border layout and try to expand the window frame with my mouse it gives the same error message.

This happens each time I do this.

I added a screenshot of both: ATTACH]33270[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your time!

Bye,

Siebe

siebe vos
28 Mar 2012, 10:32 PM
Hi Aaron,

I re-installed the product from scratch and both problems are gone. So I will close this thread.

Thanks for your time!

Bye,

Siebe Vos

siebe vos
28 Mar 2012, 11:36 PM
Hi Aaron,

Sorry I opened this issue again. Because it occured again and now how to reproduce it also how to get arround:

It only hapens when you filter on something (doesn't matter which property). So when I leave the filter blank no problem, but when I put my filter (right bottom corner) to for instance layout than the problem occurs. It doesn't even have something to do with the layout (of what I thought first).

So most simple steps to reproduce:
I start up Sencha Designer 2
Click continue trail
Choose new Projects, link ExtJS 4.0x: The design screen appears
Select Views
Drop a Window on the canvas
Type 'iconCls' in the config filter (right bottom window)
Try to expand the window with your mouse.

Hope this helps the problem to reproduce...

Thanks again,

Siebe

aconran
29 Mar 2012, 10:22 AM
Excellent thanks, we've fixed this bug in our master repository and will be coming out in the next build.

siebe vos
29 Mar 2012, 11:56 PM
Thank you too! When I tested the fix I will close this case and put it to fixed.