PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Adding button to toolbar, causes strange error

pkellner
28 Mar 2012, 3:55 PM
I dragged a toolbar to my panel, added a button, added the button event, then got a redx next to it saying what the screen shot shows. Build #341

pkellner
28 Mar 2012, 4:18 PM
I now realize I hit the function and not the event + by mistake. adding the event works fine. Still not sure what the function error meant though.

pkellner
28 Mar 2012, 8:52 PM
Having spent the past few hours working with build #344, I have to say things are a lot better. I think there my have been something evil in the metadata because I spent at least 2 hours wrestling with my code not running correctly (thinking it was an extjs, not designer problem). I finally did the "File/new project" and recreated my simple view with three grid panels and everything worked practically perfectly the first time. I have not been in the script editor much, but over all the usability is much better now (I have not had one crash in these hours).

The only strange thing on my new project is now, my primary html file is called app.html, not designer.html. I have no idea how or why that happened. When I press the preview button it tries to run Designer.html but that does not exist so I manually change it to app.html.

I think I have also discovered the "method to the madness" for how to define fields in stores or records. all I can say is, wow, is that goofy. I can totally see it being useful for me but I'd say it's far from discoverable and will get tons of complaints (or most likely abandonments).

Good work! -Peter

aconran
29 Mar 2012, 10:42 AM
I have not been in the script editor much, but over all the usability is much better now (I have not had one crash in these hours).

Anyone who is in our nightly pre-beta access program, please test out the new script editor. This is a major change between the public 341 and > 341.

The only strange thing on my new project is now, my primary html file is called app.html, not designer.html. I have no idea how or why that happened. When I press the preview button it tries to run Designer.html but that does not exist so I manually change it to app.html.

This was an intentional change designer -> app. The preview button is a bug that will be addressed in tomorrows build.

I think I have also discovered the "method to the madness" for how to define fields in stores or records. all I can say is, wow, is that goofy. I can totally see it being useful for me but I'd say it's far from discoverable and will get tons of complaints (or most likely abandonments).

Models in Ext 4 were missing fields as a basicConfig. I've gone ahead and fixed this so that fields will show up as a reference group when you upgrade to the next build.

pkellner
29 Mar 2012, 10:54 AM
I've been using the script error all day (maybe 75 lines, 6 events) and no crashes!!! (no reformatting my code either :( )