PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Deploy Project / iOSSimulator installed: false

jschwartz73
29 Mar 2012, 11:27 AM
I'm trying to test out the native packaging of Sencha Touch and I'm having an interesting problem.

On the Deploy Project dialog (See attached), the iOSSimulator installed is false. I can't see a way to configure this.

My computer:

OSX Lion: 10.7.3
XCode: 4.3.2
Sencha Touch: sencha-touch-2.0.0-commercial
SenchaSDKTools: 2.0.0-Beta

The iOS Simulator runs just fine when I'm using XCode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Jeff Schwartz

m@rcello
30 Mar 2012, 11:24 PM
Hi,
I've also the same problem!
Suggestions?
Marcello

haillow
3 Apr 2012, 6:58 PM
I also have exactly the same issue

Phil.Strong
4 Apr 2012, 6:40 AM
I'm sure it's because we have a very crude method of checking to see if you have simulator installed by checking to see if this path exists: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform

per http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/13/where-is-the-iphone-simulator-installed/

I wonder if yours is installed in a different location or if you simply don't have it installed

jschwartz73
4 Apr 2012, 7:02 AM
I'm sure it's because we have a very crude method of checking to see if you have simulator installed by checking to see if this path exists: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform

per http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/13/where-is-the-iphone-simulator-installed/

I wonder if yours is installed in a different location or if you simply don't have it installed

Mine is installed at:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app

I installed it from the Mac App Store and I don't believe I had the option of changing the location.

I was able to make a symlink from

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app

to

/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app

and now Sencha Designer does see the iPhone simulator.

Not a good long term solution, as the common way to install Xcode will be from the Mac App Store, but good enough for now.

haillow
4 Apr 2012, 8:50 AM
Mine is installed at:

I installed it from the Mac App Store and I don't believe I had the option of changing the location.

I was able to make a symlink from

to

/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/Applications/iPhone Simulator.app

and now Sencha Designer does see the iPhone simulator.

Not a good long term solution, as the common way to install Xcode will be from the Mac App Store, but good enough for now.

This worked for me, thanks!

Phil.Strong
5 Apr 2012, 11:46 AM
I'll add that as a potential path as well

bckcx2
8 May 2012, 10:53 AM
I am having the same issue, can someone tell me exactly how to fix the issue?

jschwartz73
9 May 2012, 10:12 AM
I abandoned use of the deployment wizard and moved to PhoneGap. No problems.

bckcx2
9 May 2012, 10:15 AM
Going to try Phonegap too